Went to get some beans and came back with

Everything technical about radio can be discussed here, whether it's transmitting or receiving. Guides, charts, diagrams, etc. are all welcome.
Mongo82
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Went to get some beans and came back with

Post by Mongo82 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:49 pm

Actually ended up visiting an old friend who has loaned me his old RSL Rig for study and thought you folks might interested in having a look. I've heard the chinese stuff is generally garbage but what do you make of this? I never got beans in the end, and temptation to switch this on had crossed my mind. But a bacon sarnie changed my mind.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

teckniqs
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Re: Went to get some beans and came back with

Post by teckniqs » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:59 pm

It looks pretty basic but doesn't look too bad, to be fair.

....The PLL/driver looks well built and nicely screened plus the power amp does look pretty nice, I'm not gonna lie.

But I wouldn't fire that thing up without testing it into an analyser first, because 150w could cause some serious nasties.

BriansBrain
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin
Location: Gran Canaria, Spain. One of the 7 islands off the N.W. coast of Africa.

Post by BriansBrain » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:22 pm

The inside looks better than anticipated for Chinese stuff :roll:
''Radio Brian'' - One of the Most Unique English Speaking Radio Stations in the Canaries... Possibly the World.

Mongo82
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by Mongo82 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:47 pm

teckniqs wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:59 pm It looks pretty basic but doesn't look too bad, to be fair.

....The PLL/driver looks well built and nicely screened plus the power amp does look pretty nice, I'm not gonna lie.

But I wouldn't fire that thing up without testing it into an analyser first, because 150w could cause some serious nasties.
Chatting with my mate and at the time of the rsl it did get the ok from the engineer/ofcom. Just wondered if they made a mistake, what with all the bad things you hear about Oriental ones. Its not been switched on in 6 years. But don't worry I'll not be firing it up, plus I've still got an nrg pro 3 pll still half built which is about my size these days, might finish that one first one day.

Cheers Mongo

Mongo82
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by Mongo82 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:23 pm

Pulling the antenna out at 600w sod that... and still being able to fire it up after, also the built in swr compensation for mis-matched antenna. This is probably all basic stuff these days as i am way behind the times.

radionortheast
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by radionortheast » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:32 am

^ ^ what are they trying to build the most indestructible transmitter?! 600watts on 108 really nice, the power seems to go up fast on it to, dose it have protection against static, i’ve never found a transmitter that had that…

Mongo82
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by Mongo82 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:45 am

radionortheast wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:32 am ^ ^ what are they trying to build the most indestructible transmitter?! 600watts on 108 really nice, the power seems to go up fast on it to, dose it have protection against static, i’ve never found a transmitter that had that…
Handy for the rookie misrake times and accidentally forgot to plug in the pl259. Later scratching head and wondering why you're only getting out. 200 yards. Yep done that.

radionortheast
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by radionortheast » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:58 am

Mongo82 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:45 am
radionortheast wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:32 am ^ ^ what are they trying to build the most indestructible transmitter?! 600watts on 108 really nice, the power seems to go up fast on it to, dose it have protection against static, i’ve never found a transmitter that had that…
Handy for the rookie misrake times and accidentally forgot to plug in the pl259. Later scratching head and wondering why you're only getting out. 200 yards. Yep done that.
used to have a pcs transmitter where I had the aerial disconnected afew times and with less that great swr some of the time and it didn't blow and I would mess about with it daily. Static blew the final and my fairly new transmitter earlyer on this year, due to wind or thunder storms in the area, I wondered where the signal has gone as I was hearing some of station...some really broad guy talking, thinking thats not mine. :lol: