Looking for ATC100B

Everything technical about radio can be discussed here, whether it's transmitting or receiving. Guides, charts, diagrams, etc. are all welcome.
XXL
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Looking for ATC100B

Post by XXL » Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:18 pm

What scrap electronics will have a lot of ATC100b or equivalent in them? I thought id do some recycling while saving my wallet at the same time. I was thinking an old microwave maybe ? I have no idea.

teckniqs
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Re: Looking for ATC100B

Post by teckniqs » Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:51 pm

sinus trouble
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by sinus trouble » Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:23 pm

:lol:

Whilst i admire your passion for saving the Planet, I doubt you will find those components in Domestic Appliances!

Maybe obsolete communication equipment would be your best bet, If you have access to those kinda things?
I am as stupid as I look! :|

Albert H
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by Albert H » Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:41 am

Microwave was always OK for short hops, but if I wanted to go several miles (like Orpington to Crystal Palace, for example) UHF was always the choice. I used TV Yagis at both ends, with ridiculously high gains and narrow beam angles. I only needed a couple of hundred milliwatts out of the link rig to go miles! The receivers were usually Philips TV tunerheads with a twin-conversion IF - ~39MHz down to 10.7MHz, and then a conventional IF (usually with a PLL demodulator to get an extra few dB of useful sensitivity) to recover the audio or stereo multiplex.
"Why is my rig humming?"
"Because it doesn't know the words!"
;)

Krakatoa
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by Krakatoa » Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:38 am

Maybe you could order samples, if you come up with a plausible explanation that you are working on a future project and work for X company etc, that could get you enough pieces for your one-off prototype.

XXL
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by XXL » Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:25 pm

Albert H wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:41 am Microwave was always OK for short hops, but if I wanted to go several miles (like Orpington to Crystal Palace, for example) UHF was always the choice. I used TV Yagis at both ends, with ridiculously high gains and narrow beam angles. I only needed a couple of hundred milliwatts out of the link rig to go miles! The receivers were usually Philips TV tunerheads with a twin-conversion IF - ~39MHz down to 10.7MHz, and then a conventional IF (usually with a PLL demodulator to get an extra few dB of useful sensitivity) to recover the audio or stereo multiplex.

Yes Albert you keep banging on about band 4 but no one has ever made any designs for it in pirate radio and I’m not about to go down that rabbit hole myself because it’s harder to make diy gear that far up the band. Especially when I have loads of satcans in a draw doing nothing.

I only half know what I’m doing when it comes to RF. it’s sooo hard to design something that actually works well. I’m a complete DIY’er.

If you have any designs you could post on here I might give it a go but I can’t start from scratch. I just don’t have the knowledge.

Albert H
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by Albert H » Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:37 am

Band IV is a doddle. You just need to use BFR91 for multipliers and amplifiers, and BF961 for your oscillator.... A standard PLL at around 65 MHz multiplied up to around 500MHz.... Look for the Dutch 60cm stuff from a few years ago - there are board layouts and circuits on the 'net if you look around!
"Why is my rig humming?"
"Because it doesn't know the words!"
;)