List of Electronic Component Suppliers - Europe and China

Everything technical about radio can be discussed here, whether it's transmitting or receiving. Guides, charts, diagrams, etc. are all welcome.
EFIALTISFM
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

List of Electronic Component Suppliers - Europe and China

Post by EFIALTISFM » Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:19 pm

Hi guys,

Please recommend some decent electronic component suppliers.

"One stop shops" that you can purchase quality and original bits, find all (or most) components at decent prices (EU and China).

Currently looking for someone that can ship all components to populate an existing NRG PLL PRO board.

Thank you for sharing your time and expertise

Gigahertz
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Re: List of Electronic Component Suppliers - Europe and China

Post by Gigahertz » Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:15 pm

Isn't there someone on ebay that sells most the components etc for the resistors and caps?

I have a box full of Philips 74HCT4059N, I believe these were used in the NRG PRO boards but would need to check as I'm not 100%

Albert H
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by Albert H » Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:40 am

You're right. The 74HCT4059 is a presettable divider IC and was used in the Pro III. It is BCD programmed in four decade stages, and is designed to be programmed by BCD-coded rotary switches. It was a slightly more expensive option, but was used to replace three other divider ICs on the earlier boards, and to provide both the option of rotary switch programming and an additional point of difference from the circuit that Hollings stole from its original designer (and then screwed up because he didn't understand the subtleties of the design).

I've used them for years - they're a convenient solution for programmable division ratios, but the chip is physically quite big, so takes up a lot of board space!
"Why is my rig humming?"
"Because it doesn't know the words!"
;)

MiXiN
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by MiXiN » Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:45 am

NRGUK on eBay probably has everything you need.

Enigma Components and Dutch RF Shop also sell components.

Gigahertz
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by Gigahertz » Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:19 pm

Albert H wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:40 am You're right. The 74HCT4059 is a presettable divider IC and was used in the Pro III. It is BCD programmed in four decade stages, and is designed to be programmed by BCD-coded rotary switches. It was a slightly more expensive option, but was used to replace three other divider ICs on the earlier boards, and to provide both the option of rotary switch programming and an additional point of difference from the circuit that Hollings stole from its original designer (and then screwed up because he didn't understand the subtleties of the design).

I've used them for years - they're a convenient solution for programmable division ratios, but the chip is physically quite big, so takes up a lot of board space!
Thanks for confirming Albert!

Well have a box with 100+/- sitting around, so might aswel flog them off as I have no more use for them :tup

MiXiN
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by MiXiN » Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:31 am

Gigahertz wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:19 pm
Albert H wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:40 am You're right. The 74HCT4059 is a presettable divider IC and was used in the Pro III. It is BCD programmed in four decade stages, and is designed to be programmed by BCD-coded rotary switches. It was a slightly more expensive option, but was used to replace three other divider ICs on the earlier boards, and to provide both the option of rotary switch programming and an additional point of difference from the circuit that Hollings stole from its original designer (and then screwed up because he didn't understand the subtleties of the design).

Thanks for confirming Albert!

Well have a box with 100+/- sitting around, so might aswel flog them off as I have no more use for them :tup
I'll buy a few from you, as I've got a couple of PROIII boards here somewhere that need to be built when time permits.

EFIALTISFM
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by EFIALTISFM » Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:17 pm

MiXiN wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:45 am NRGUK on eBay probably has everything you need.

Enigma Components and Dutch RF Shop also sell components.
Thanks for the reply

Albert H
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by Albert H » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:00 pm

Gigahertz wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:19 pm Well have a box with 100+/- sitting around, so might aswel flog them off as I have no more use for them :tup
Be sure that they're 74HCT4059 - the ordinary 4059 won't go above ~3MHz!
"Why is my rig humming?"
"Because it doesn't know the words!"
;)