isolation port

Everything technical about radio can be discussed here, whether it's transmitting or receiving. Guides, charts, diagrams, etc. are all welcome.
radium98
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

isolation port

Post by radium98 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:18 pm

I get hited twie by the lightning this year in the main port of the router , i was thinking of making an isolation port . Galvanic port it it possible .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sinus trouble
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Re: isolation port

Post by sinus trouble » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:18 am

Hello Radium! :)

Im afraid that lightning will kill anything that you put in its path! Especially anything sensitive!

The best advice i could offer is ground strapping your property (home) Im not sure of your electrical grid system? But it involves using a large copper conductor connected to a lightning rod on the roof feeding to a stake in the ground below!
I am as stupid as I look! :|

sinus trouble
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by sinus trouble » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:31 am

Lightning-rod-diagram.svg.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I am as stupid as I look! :|

radium98
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by radium98 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:52 am

yep thank you Sinus .No nothing here is grounded ,Only Phase and neutral line for 220v no grounding earth the green yellow dont have it :)
anyway thank you , i know already that lightening kill everything KV voltage , but just for playing some funny to des-stress myself , i thinked that could work like 1/1 audio isol etc...
thank you my freind anyway .