Any general shouts or info on the 1992-93 pirates? Impact, Format, defection, weekend rush

Discuss & sharing nostalgia relating from the pirate stations of the 60s up to modern day inactive stations.
akaikitty
ne guy
ne guy

Any general shouts or info on the 1992-93 pirates? Impact, Format, defection, weekend rush

Post by akaikitty » Wed May 01, 2019 7:02 pm

Curious about the djs, equipment and mcs etc of the time. All into the hardcore but wish i knew what it would actually have been like to blast stuff out from there.

radionortheast
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Re: Any general shouts or info on the 1992-93 pirates? Impact, Format, defection, weekend rush

Post by radionortheast » Sat May 04, 2019 9:38 am

i’m guessing theres no pictures available, the pirates round here they all sounded very cool at the time but now it sounds untrendy, anyone listening to them today would think that way, some of them would put echo that you’d get on cb radio, some of them had voice changers too..which would alter the pitch of their voice ;)
I do miss going to different areas hearing a gabber pirate, now you don’t get anything that interesting..people have instagram or whatever to keep them occupied. Perhaps the mics where from a tandy shop! think they did used to use phone boxes for getting shout outs and big mobile phones... perhaps dom jolly would use!
I don’t know much about pirate radio in london, but I do know its been used as a springboard, where people moved on to 1xtra or been the next dizzee rascal, in the north theres noway to do that, with so few of them they only had influlence in the 90’s

FMEnjoyer
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Re: Any general shouts or info on the 1992-93 pirates? Impact, Format, defection, weekend rush

Post by FMEnjoyer » Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:54 pm

I am surprised there is no Donk FM up north.

teckniqs
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by teckniqs » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:28 am

FMEnjoyer wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:54 pm I am surprised there is no Donk FM up north.