past stations and locations

Discuss & sharing nostalgia relating from the pirate stations of the 60s up to modern day inactive stations.
Kathgreenphoto
ne guy
ne guy

Re: past stations and locations

Post by Kathgreenphoto » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:27 pm

I'm working on a project documenting the history of radio and rave in Waltham Forest, 1989-1994 (that includes, Walthamstow, Chingford, Leyton and Leytonstone). There's more info here http://www.rendezvousprojects.org.uk/wo ... t-harmony/

I'm looking for people with memories from this time and area, looking for photos, memorabilia etc, to include in the project.

I'd love to hear from people, so if you're interested in hearing more, please get in touch!

Abc676
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by Abc676 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:09 pm

Thought I’d Chuck a few comments on this section, always loved the threads about tx and studio locations.

I can remember a few that were said on this forum years ago that some of you may have forgotten about.

One I remember was from Ricky who was running Mac 92.7. I clearly remember him saying one of the studio locations was on the clem Attlee estate in Fulham. Think the tx site was pretty well known, even though it’s escaped me today. The Swiss cottage blocks I think.

Upfront fm, that was another. I know the Essex towers block in penge was mentioned, however I’m pretty sure some of you mentioned a smaller block in Crystal Palace that was smaller but on higher land and got out even better? Was that right lol? Anyone know the studio locations.

Rinse fm sites are really well known but I did read from uncle dugs that they moved from bow area out to Dagenham for a bit, thaxted house, and studio was around Dagenham Heathway.

If memory serves me right I’m sure I can remember reading about temptation fm broadcasting from same type of Dagenham blocks about a mile away up near Mark’s gate/chadwell heath. Had a friend of who played on there years ago, he’d probably know.

Another thing I can remember from years ago, now don’t shoot me down if I’m wrong, but I can clearly remember flava before 87.6, doing transmissions on 104.6. Again, I have no evidence but I’m almost 100 percent sure this was true. Must have been very early on though. 98/99 maybe?

I use to have a tape recording of a bass or base on 94.2. Again had a friend from becton who mc’d on it. I’m assuming tx and studio was around East Ham/forest gate or Stratford. Anyone remember this. I do remember that the recording was really really weird, almost as if it was pitching up and down or oscillating. I remember at the time thinking there kit was knackered.

I remember again through a friend playing on it, hazard 105.6, tx site was the big block at Canning Town on the a13? Anyone know anything about that. He also did a few sets on flava when it was 87.6, now I know he said the studio was over in barking but absolutely sure he said it was once off rathbone market at Canning Town. Don’t see him anymore so can’t ask, but it’s funny how you remember little snippets of things from years ago.

Another one. I’m absolutely sure I remember a station from 96 ish called vision playing happy hardcore. Anyone else remember that. I had a tape I’m sure of it. Don’t think I’m confusing it with dream or radio active.

Suppose one other was I read about erotic 101.3 fm, they were pretty much all over Leyton. The blocks at Oliver road etc. Think I even saw the block they used as a studio on there Instagram? The info is out there.

Oh and I found a cool little thing about taste 92.5 from years ago. Looks like a guy called gangster or method was running it? In the clip you can clearly see the block they were on and the flats they were using as a studio. Any more info from you guys would be cool. Here’s the YouTube link. Enjoy.

Anyways, hope everyone is cool.

teckniqs
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by teckniqs » Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:54 pm

Abc676 wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:09 pm Thought I’d Chuck a few comments on this section, always loved the threads about tx and studio locations.

I can remember a few that were said on this forum years ago that some of you may have forgotten about.

One I remember was from Ricky who was running Mac 92.7. I clearly remember him saying one of the studio locations was on the clem Attlee estate in Fulham. Think the tx site was pretty well known, even though it’s escaped me today. The Swiss cottage blocks I think.

Upfront fm, that was another. I know the Essex towers block in penge was mentioned, however I’m pretty sure some of you mentioned a smaller block in Crystal Palace that was smaller but on higher land and got out even better? Was that right lol? Anyone know the studio locations.

Rinse fm sites are really well known but I did read from uncle dugs that they moved from bow area out to Dagenham for a bit, thaxted house, and studio was around Dagenham Heathway.

If memory serves me right I’m sure I can remember reading about temptation fm broadcasting from same type of Dagenham blocks about a mile away up near Mark’s gate/chadwell heath. Had a friend of who played on there years ago, he’d probably know.

Another thing I can remember from years ago, now don’t shoot me down if I’m wrong, but I can clearly remember flava before 87.6, doing transmissions on 104.6. Again, I have no evidence but I’m almost 100 percent sure this was true. Must have been very early on though. 98/99 maybe?

I use to have a tape recording of a bass or base on 94.2. Again had a friend from becton who mc’d on it. I’m assuming tx and studio was around East Ham/forest gate or Stratford. Anyone remember this. I do remember that the recording was really really weird, almost as if it was pitching up and down or oscillating. I remember at the time thinking there kit was knackered.

I remember again through a friend playing on it, hazard 105.6, tx site was the big block at Canning Town on the a13? Anyone know anything about that. He also did a few sets on flava when it was 87.6, now I know he said the studio was over in barking but absolutely sure he said it was once off rathbone market at Canning Town. Don’t see him anymore so can’t ask, but it’s funny how you remember little snippets of things from years ago.

Another one. I’m absolutely sure I remember a station from 96 ish called vision playing happy hardcore. Anyone else remember that. I had a tape I’m sure of it. Don’t think I’m confusing it with dream or radio active.

Suppose one other was I read about erotic 101.3 fm, they were pretty much all over Leyton. The blocks at Oliver road etc. Think I even saw the block they used as a studio on there Instagram? The info is out there.

Oh and I found a cool little thing about taste 92.5 from years ago. Looks like a guy called gangster or method was running it? In the clip you can clearly see the block they were on and the flats they were using as a studio. Any more info from you guys would be cool. Here’s the YouTube link. Enjoy.

Anyways, hope everyone is cool.
Yeah Ricky Dee was also running his main station Ice FM on 88.4 from Hammersmith/Shepherds Bush area and then he got involved with Mac FM on 92.7, I think it's fair to say in 1997/98 they were two of London's biggest stations!

As far as I know Upfront never came from Essex Towers but the station Boss FM 92.6 did in the early 90s.
As for the other block well as far as I know it's still being used by another station so I won't talk any more about that...

Didn't know that Rinse moved to Dagenham but if Dugs said it then it must be true then, this was probably back in the 91.8 days (I remember when rinse first ever came on in late 1994 just pure jungle).

I remember hearing Flava on 107.8 and then it moved 87.6 around 1999/2000 time, I don't know about 104.6 but they probably did as it was quite a popular frequency around that side of London but didn't have any stations using it for very long durations back then.
As far as I know they came from Romford/Dagenham ways.

Never heard of Bass/Bass FM 94.2.

I remember the station Hazard on 105.6, not sure if you mean Balfron Tower in Poplar?

Yes Vision FM was on around 95.2 from around 1995 to 1997 sort of time ran by Lady Vexs. I think it mainly came from the Woolwich area (Francis street blocks). And then a few years later in 1998/99 her brother put a station called Kronik FM on the same frequency from Brixton but it was only very short lived.

Yeah Erotic came on 101.3 shortly after Eruption went off, I think it was ran by a guy called Steve Courtney.
Eruption made a come back (using 104.0) whilst Erotic was still using 101.3.

I used to know a woman who was friends with the guy who ran Taste FM and she knew him as "Smokey".

Abc676
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by Abc676 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:21 pm

That’s it mate!

Lady vexs, I remember now. So vision was a real memory lol. In fact I think I may have heard her with phantom d on hyper 106.5 back in day.

On Hyoer, I remember once driving thorough Southend on sea with me dad, and seeing hyper 106.5 graffiti right across a train bridge. Would it have been possible to get hyper out that far in Essex. I’m assuming force 106.4 would need to have been switched off, as they always blasted across hyper on the east side of London and Essex. Use to annoy me actually, even though I liked force lol.

I did a picture of a block hyper fm posted on there Twitter a little while ago. Didn’t say anything about where it was though. I can’t imagine there studios and blocks were far from where dream use to use, I think a lot kid the guys were the same on both stations?

Balfron tower! Argh I suppose it could have been. I had a quick look on google images. I can remember going down the a13 and seeing the Canning Town blocks on the left. It could have been this one at clever road?

https://www.towerblock.eca.ed.ac.uk/sit ... L34-11.jpg

Just another little story I saw on Instagram was dj frisky of divine fm. He posted a picture of himself on the wending estate in nw London saying where it all started. So clearly divines studio was on there at some point. If you google the estate you can see a block close by, about 22 stories, that looks like a block I think I’ve seen on here mentioned before. So that tallies up. Cant remember the name of the exactly block though.

Also recently saw a post on Facebook from some DJs from pure magic 90.2. They said there studio was on the de beauvoir estate in hackney. I think we all knew magic was from somewhere in hackney, but always interesting to know the exact point. I’m assuming they were using the blocks on that estate aswell.
Yeah on flava mate, think I remember the 107.8 thing. With regards to the 104.6 thing im convinced it was a few weeks of test transmissions. Seem to recall them being at around 4-6pm weekdays. Long time ago lol.

Tekniks do you remember a documentary where the Dti were on top of a block looking down and trying to see where a link was pointing towards a studio. Pretty sure it was power jam and they found it in a metal container or something like that in battersea area?

I’d be interested to see if anyone recognised the block and flats in that taste fm mini doc. He mentions the Aylesbury estate is where some of the DJs and mcs are from, I can’t imagine it was very far from there at all.

Abc676
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by Abc676 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:25 pm

Wendling estate * correct spelling

XXL
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by XXL » Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:04 pm

Probably best not posting too much info on locations because newer stations will probably be using them if they’re any good.

teckniqs
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by teckniqs » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:52 am

Abc676 wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:21 pm That’s it mate!

Lady vexs, I remember now. So vision was a real memory lol. In fact I think I may have heard her with phantom d on hyper 106.5 back in day.

On Hyper, I remember once driving thorough Southend on sea with me dad, and seeing hyper 106.5 graffiti right across a train bridge. Would it have been possible to get hyper out that far in Essex. I’m assuming force 106.4 would need to have been switched off, as they always blasted across hyper on the east side of London and Essex. Use to annoy me actually, even though I liked force lol.

I did a picture of a block hyper fm posted on there Twitter a little while ago. Didn’t say anything about where it was though. I can’t imagine there studios and blocks were far from where dream use to use, I think a lot kid the guys were the same on both stations?
She was on a lot of stations back then as well as Vision her own (which is probably why it didnt last long, she spent more time on others lol), Yeah she was good pals with Phantom Dee from the Dream FM days, she was on Upfront a lot hosting various Garage DJ's as well.

Well as far as I know if you had a decent radio (and when Force weren't on air) you might have picked Hyper up as far away as Southend but I doubt the signal would've been very strong and required a roof or loft antenna to receive which most people don't have.
Plus Hyper came on a good two or three years after Force started so it's a bit strange and was probably just a listener from London with a spray can!

Abc676 wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:21 pm Balfron tower! Argh I suppose it could have been. I had a quick look on google images. I can remember going down the a13 and seeing the Canning Town blocks on the left. It could have been this one at clever road?

https://www.towerblock.eca.ed.ac.uk/sit ... L34-11.jpg
I doubt it as those blocks were all demolished by 1991 which is long before Hazard 105.6.
Abc676 wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:21 pm
Also recently saw a post on Facebook from some DJs from pure magic 90.2. They said there studio was on the de beauvoir estate in hackney. I think we all knew magic was from somewhere in hackney, but always interesting to know the exact point. I’m assuming they were using the blocks on that estate aswell.
Yeah on flava mate, think I remember the 107.8 thing. With regards to the 104.6 thing im convinced it was a few weeks of test transmissions. Seem to recall them being at around 4-6pm weekdays. Long time ago lol.
It could have been, Pure MGC certainly came from Hackney way and there was a time they called us up doing Addiction 95.2 as we were linking from Stoke Newington to Holly Street and it was facing a bit into Hackney and taking their micro link out. So we just moved it a touch and it was sweet.
But they were probably on a block which is either now most likely to be demolished (like the block we were on) or has roof that's no longer or been made much less accessable. Can't say the exact point but were definitely around Hackney way.
....They even came back briefly on 107.7 about 10 or so years ago and even came on for a week in Brighton on 89.4 (a few years after) but was quickly taken off by Ofcom a day or two later for taking out half of the radio spectrum!

Actually thinking about it Flava might have used 104.6 for a little while when it first came on air, it seems to ring a bell a bit more since my last post. I didn't listen to them though but I remember hearing it on 87.6 in Guildford out in Surrey pretty clear.
Abc676 wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:21 pm Tekniks do you remember a documentary where the Dti were on top of a block looking down and trying to see where a link was pointing towards a studio. Pretty sure it was power jam and they found it in a metal container or something like that in battersea area?

I’d be interested to see if anyone recognised the block and flats in that taste fm mini doc. He mentions the Aylesbury estate is where some of the DJs and mcs are from, I can’t imagine it was very far from there at all.
Yes I remember that and I think that was Vibes 93.8 actually, I think that was back when they used to come from the block right near Vauxhall train station I'm pretty sure that's the one the DTi were on, there's another block up the road that looks the same which Hyper were using around 1999/2000. Yeah Aylesbury Estate pretty local only up the road from there (South central)

teckniqs
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by teckniqs » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:05 am

XXL wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:04 pm Probably best not posting too much info on locations because newer stations will probably be using them if they’re any good.
I'll be making sure everything stays in the past and doesn't bait up anything that's in the present. :rip :tup

Abc676
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by Abc676 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:03 pm

Sorry guys,

Certainly won’t mention anything sensitive on purpose.

Tekniks, thanks for all the in-depth replies to my ridiculously long essay questions hahah.

Love some of the stories you have, that you probably think are really boring, I’m like mate that’s wikkid lol.

Funny one about the link issue with Magic and Addiction, haha.

So in terms of linking guys, is there any real limit on how far a studio can link to a block. Does it literally have to point out of the studio window at the block?

It’s weird how they track studios down then really, because if I was dti man on a block and looked down from where the link is coming, id probably see 50,009 buildings and offices and residential homes in the distance. I just don’t get how they track them down.

I do remember Ricky from ice and Mac saying he never had a single (not one), studio raid. If I remember rightly he also said he would link to a sort of midpoint block, so if that one went off they would know the dti were lurking. I have no idea if that sounds right or not, but I do find it really interesting none the less.

Tekniks, do you know of any instances where multiple stations used the same block and possibly even the same studios to keep costs down etc?, or was that never really a thing. I’m sure I once read in here that erotic,shine and one other shared blocks in east London?

Tell you the other thing that always amazes me. How did the residents in the 21 st floors never bump into these guys, or hear them on the roof. Madness really. Might have been quite scary to come out your front door one night and see 4 or 5 guys from kool fm with a big pole at yoyr front door hahahah.

I really do wonder what will happen to pirate fm radio in the future. Surely the web and tune inn apps etc have killed it stonecold. Some of my cousins and friends kids etc, 10-16, don’t even know what a home radio/tuner is. They Bluetooth in the car. They’ve never seen vinyl, the youngest ones haven’t seen a bloody cd. There all streaming on YouTube and watching music and rappers and even dj sets like it’s a small pocket sized hand radio with a screen. All that progress in 15 years. Really bizarre.

Right folks off for a chill with mrs, peace out

ABC

nrglcb2016
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by nrglcb2016 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:04 pm

Meaning to post on this cpl days ago ..

Rinse FM used an old primary school that was converted into rooms for bands to practice in , that was in old Dagenham village behind a social club

Conflict fm used a flat in green lanes Dagenham and had a studio in parsloes avenue where it I remember right a studio raid took place

Temptation FM had a studio on Gascoigne estate think the link was up to the mardyke estate in rainham

Force FM had a studio above a sweet shop in the late 90s - I know that for a fact I played there, this was just out of romford on the a127 / A12

Freedom FM was above a video shop in rainham again believe this to be again linked up to the mardyke estate, I'm sure that again they also had a studio on the Gascoigne estate and where my relative was living it looked down straight into the studio

As for sharing I could be wrong but I do believe unity FM and shakedown we're sharing for a while

Abc676
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by Abc676 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:32 pm

Quality post mate. Lots of interesting studio locations.

Seems like there was a tonne of activity on Gascoigne and Mardyke over the years.

I’m assuming it’s safe to ask, but what we’re some of the blocks force fm use to use to transmit from?.

Cheers

ABC

nrglcb2016
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by nrglcb2016 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:10 am

I know one one definate rig site for force but I'm not gonna name it cos upto a cpl months ago it was being used by another station - don't know if they are still using or not

I also remember force FM first studio was at the flats above the shops at becontree train station back in 1994/95

Future FM 99.1 only on a short while back in 95 was coming out from the tower block behind the old oldchurch hospital in romford , I knew one of the MCs on there .

There was a station above the shops at Dagenham heathway and one at the tower blocks at the fiddlers becontree heath - the names at the mo I have forgotten tho

If I remember anymore I'll post up - memory's shot lol

Abc676
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by Abc676 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:01 pm

https://s0.geograph.org.uk/geophotos/05 ... 45bad4.jpg

https://s0.geograph.org.uk/geophotos/03 ... a58fcd.jpg

Be interesting if you Could remember that pirate on the merry fiddlers blocks. I know those blocks well, just at bottom of whalebone lane south. There’s 4 blocks I think but couldn’t find any pictures of all 4 in shot.

Surprised there weren't more activity on these blocks over the years.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

nrglcb2016
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by nrglcb2016 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:43 pm

Yeh them are the ones , was in block 2 . My contact in there has now moved , remember her saying that they wasn't exactly shy with the volume even at 3 am lol

Roobru
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by Roobru » Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:54 am

I remember buying some tunes of a DJ from Rude in the early 2000's and he told me the station was in one of the Big Yellow storage units at the time, I think near Finchley. He said the security were getting a bit suspicious with all the coming and going at the Big Yellow 😁

Abc676
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by Abc676 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:12 am

Anyone know much about
Mission 90.6 back in the day, blocks and studios etc

teckniqs
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by teckniqs » Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:53 am

Abc676 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:03 pm So in terms of linking guys, is there any real limit on how far a studio can link to a block. Does it literally have to point out of the studio window at the block?

It’s weird how they track studios down then really, because if I was dti man on a block and looked down from where the link is coming, id probably see 50,009 buildings and offices and residential homes in the distance. I just don’t get how they track them down.
With the World.Wide.Web. there is no limit to how far you can link to your transmitter if your computer is connected to it directly.
I think it's fair to say 99.9% of London pirate stations are Internet Stream linked these days but many still use Microwave or Band I to link it to their transmitter to make life a lot easier than having the computer up with the main FM transmitter.

.....And obviously there are limits how far both Microwave and Band I will link, microwave is completely line of sight and needs to see the transmitter to be able link to it and usually only goes a few miles without modifications (like adding longer waveguides to the horns or Sky dishes to the LNB).

And Band I works just like FM but in my experience travels at least twice the distance! I live on the south Sussex Coast and can always receive a London pirate who's name I won't mention's midpoint with "end-stop" full signal meter reading on their band one frequency so it would easily link 100% solid to the masts on the South Downs 40/50 miles away from them ....plus I've also received it near Portsmouth and my pal's had it near Stone Henge! They're on horizontal antenna and I've been told the output is around 30-50w.
Band one from a good height gets out silly! :smoke
Abc676 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:03 pm Tekniks, do you know of any instances where multiple stations used the same block and possibly even the same studios to keep costs down etc?, or was that never really a thing. I’m sure I once read in here that erotic,shine and one other shared blocks in east London?

Tell you the other thing that always amazes me. How did the residents in the 21 st floors never bump into these guys, or hear them on the roof. Madness really. Might have been quite scary to come out your front door one night and see 4 or 5 guys from kool fm with a big pole at yoyr front door hahahah.
I went over Highgate/Hornsey areas around 20 years ago and saw 4 stations all coming from the same block right at the top of the hill, there were double stacks leaning right over on to other double stacks and small singles hanging off the side, it was mental, plus there were other blocks up the road with another 2 or 3 stations on, I've never seen anything else like it!!

One iconic London pirate moment I do remember is when Rinse 100.4 and Kool 94.6 shared a block and aerial pole which used to look like a double 4 bay "H Stack" but was infact two double stacks back to back (the two seperate feeders/coax runs are the give away!)
....I think one of these was from the big Wanstead blocks.
kool rinse aerial both.png
Lastly, I'm not sure what ever gave you the idea that the residents never bumped into or heard them up on the roofs because they do all the time, I've even been seen climbing back down from the roof from the hatch without a ladder and was asked what I was doing so said I was repairing the roof and got asked to come into their flat to see their leak damages but said I'd report it and we'd be back.
Most of the time though people assume it's just workmen when they hear or see people on the roofs but there has been areas with a lot of stations consistantly using the blocks, but not all resisdents hate and some even listen to the station and I've heard of resisdents offer them a beer or a cup of tea!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by teckniqs on Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

teckniqs
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by teckniqs » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:01 pm

Roobru wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:54 am I remember buying some tunes of a DJ from Rude in the early 2000's and he told me the station was in one of the Big Yellow storage units at the time, I think near Finchley. He said the security were getting a bit suspicious with all the coming and going at the Big Yellow 😁
I think that might've been Ruud Awakening coming out from the Finchley area 104.2 as they certainly used the tower blocks in Finchley for a short time as well. :tup

teckniqs
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by teckniqs » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:05 pm

Abc676 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:12 am Anyone know much about
Mission 90.6 back in the day, blocks and studios etc
Not too sure about Mission but I do know it became Raw-Mission afterwards.
Raw was on 90.0 ("Raw Nine Thousand") but they joined forces to become Raw-Mission on 90.6....
And then I think they changed the name to Y2K.

...Before Mission was Chicago FM and before that was Radio Active after Pulse. (on 90.6)

Abc676
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by Abc676 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:52 pm

Tekniks that’s an a nice picture of the kool rinse double double stack. Amazing man!.

As for bumping into residents on the 21st floor that is crazy. Tbf I don’t why I thought they wouldn’t have bumped into each other. But a shared bru and a biscuit, that’s a funny story man.

Can’t believe the band 1 links can get out that far, that’s insane.

What do you think the record for a London fm pirate getting out from a block was mate. I can remember soundz 94.3 giving shouts out to people in bishop stortford, actually maybe even Cambridge if my memory serves me. That would be insanely far out from south east London/Kent right? That’s where soundz was wasn’t it?

Tekniks just on the hyper thing again quickly, you mentioned they were on a block next to Vauxhall station. I had a look on old google
Images and couldn’t see it. Do you happen to know the name of the block without getting anyone in trouble. Is it even still there?

Just had another old memory. Did a station once come to air that broadcast off the flats opposite Stratford bus garage. Like a dnb station. I’m sure I can remember it having a website and had pics of them on the roof. Talking maybe 2002-2004.

A few of you boys mentioned how much force fm were around Romford and Dagenham. Really interesting that, for some reason I always thought they were up grays way or ockenden even. Weird.

The Essex pirates just east of London are quite interesting.

Any one remember shakedown fm, I swear that use to get out pretty far. I remember renegade fm use to get up to Colchester and down to Romford, so that was a good reach. Anyone know if that block in Harold hill ever got used much. Was right on top of hill, called high field tower.

Some more things I’ve read accidentally recently. Pretty sure freek 101.8 was on a block near seven sisters, I’m sure it was a dj ez article. In fact I’m sure I found the block on google images. Lost it now anyway.

Read a great story from the eruption boys recently. Talking about how there studio had been on the top floor of a derelict block in leyoton, a proper shit yoyr pants scary block, even police didn’t like going up lol. I just can’t believe that 20 or so DJs were going up to that rancid derelict floor at 2am, 4am etc to play a set on there own lol. Scary Man. I’d have been shitting it.

Got another random question. Back in the day, stations like upfront, taste, I think even kris e manic on addiction, they all use to say shout to security. Stupid question but what were pirate station security. We’re they sat at studio door on top of tx site. Always wondered lol.