past stations and locations

Discuss & sharing nostalgia relating from the pirate stations of the 60s up to modern day inactive stations.
teckniqs
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Re: past stations and locations

Post by teckniqs » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:17 am

nrglcb2016 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:29 pm A quick Google search just found a set from DJ bubbler ( spelt his name wrong ) on 102 FM
What was the name of the station??
....Please don't say you've already just said it and they called the name of the station 102FM? :lol: :?:

nrglcb2016
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by nrglcb2016 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:56 am

Lol nah it was called chillin FM , that's where I think the confusion came from before on the earlier posts

nrglcb2016
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by nrglcb2016 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:59 am

Just found this
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

famefm
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by famefm » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:55 am

When chillin was on 102.0 I used to be able to get it in Windsor

teckniqs
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by teckniqs » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:34 am

Ahh yeah I know the Chillin' you mean now, yeah that one on 102.0 was on after the others, but if it says "est 1991" does that mean it's the same one that was on 97.6 in the mid 90s?

....But surely someone on here must remember the other Chillin' one on 102.9 that became Indulgence? :whistle

Lordunderground
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by Lordunderground » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:18 am

The original Chillin was on 98.0fm in the early 90s it had links to Pulse 90.6 back in the day, DJs used to rotate, Helium, Anton, Jessie J, Nick Power etc...output was hardcore, some of the younger jocks went on to be involved in major stations (that lasted more than 2 years) in the 2000s

famefm
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by famefm » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:53 pm

I remember that one on 98 also I could get that all the way to reading and the owners were running 3 stations at the same time also on 90.6 and 94.3 innocence on 94.3 circa 1991 and it was only the 90.6 that lasted for a few years

famefm
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by famefm » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:56 pm

I never heard of 102.9 chillin probably because in my area 102.9 was a strong legal

teckniqs
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by teckniqs » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:43 pm

famefm wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:56 pm I never heard of 102.9 chillin probably because in my area 102.9 was a strong legal
2-ten FM would've been too strong. :tup

nrglcb2016
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by nrglcb2016 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:02 pm

I remember indulgence 102.9 but never a chillin on that Freq 🤷🏻‍♂️

teckniqs
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by teckniqs » Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:08 pm

nrglcb2016 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:02 pm I remember indulgence 102.9 but never a chillin on that Freq 🤷🏻‍♂️
I heard it called Chillin' in 1995 and by 1996 they'd changed name to Indulgence. (Same station!)

...Have a very quick 2 second listen to this from 13 to 15 seconds in.... :tup

nrglcb2016
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by nrglcb2016 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:08 pm

Loud n clear chillin 102.9 , can't say I heard em before though , Maybe changed to indulgence because of the other chillin ????

mpx
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by mpx » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:34 am

Can't help but notice the stations on the map at the beginning of that video.. look carefully.. wrong frequencies locations and decades ;)

teckniqs
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by teckniqs » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:21 am

mpx wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:34 am Can't help but notice the stations on the map at the beginning of that video.. look carefully.. wrong frequencies locations and decades ;)
Haha you must have very good eyes coz it's blurry as f*ck. But yeah I did just about notice that!

Justin
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by Justin » Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:51 am

Pulse fm was good at first but there mod was shite and there link making a squeek noise every 30 seconds for months.

Ian
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by Ian » Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:08 pm

nrglcb2016 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:04 pm Meaning to post on this cpl days ago ..

Rinse FM used an old primary school that was converted into rooms for bands to practice in , that was in old Dagenham village behind a social club

Conflict fm used a flat in green lanes Dagenham and had a studio in parsloes avenue where it I remember right a studio raid took place

Temptation FM had a studio on Gascoigne estate think the link was up to the mardyke estate in rainham

Force FM had a studio above a sweet shop in the late 90s - I know that for a fact I played there, this was just out of romford on the a127 / A12

Freedom FM was above a video shop in rainham again believe this to be again linked up to the mardyke estate, I'm sure that again they also had a studio on the Gascoigne estate and where my relative was living it looked down straight into the studio

As for sharing I could be wrong but I do believe unity FM and shakedown we're sharing for a while
I remember summer of 1998 walking across the bridge facing the sweet shop “Martins” top floor I saw a group of lads with pony tails DJing .. yes that was force 106.4 fm . Used to listen to conflict , unity , shakedown . Always thought the came from Highfield tower collier row .

Ian
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by Ian » Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:13 pm

teckniqs wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:49 am
nrglcb2016 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:02 am Again if memory serves me correctly chillin was bubblas station , who was part of the old centreforce crew , not sure exactly in the East end where they were located but the Isle of dogs always dropped into conversation, also remember deja vu was coming out from Bromley by bow as I worked with one of the old djs from there
Hang on mate one quick second, because there was another Chillin FM on 97.6 in the mid 90s which is the reason Indulgence changed their name, I expect you are thinking of the one that was on 97.6 from East London... :tup

.....As far as i'm aware Indulgence 102.9 came out from Romford.
Indulgence fm studio at one point was Waterloo estate opposite the brewery.. rig site was barking 1997/1998

Ian
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by Ian » Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:16 pm

teckniqs wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:54 pm
Abc676 wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:09 pm Thought I’d Chuck a few comments on this section, always loved the threads about tx and studio locations.

I can remember a few that were said on this forum years ago that some of you may have forgotten about.

One I remember was from Ricky who was running Mac 92.7. I clearly remember him saying one of the studio locations was on the clem Attlee estate in Fulham. Think the tx site was pretty well known, even though it’s escaped me today. The Swiss cottage blocks I think.

Upfront fm, that was another. I know the Essex towers block in penge was mentioned, however I’m pretty sure some of you mentioned a smaller block in Crystal Palace that was smaller but on higher land and got out even better? Was that right lol? Anyone know the studio locations.

Rinse fm sites are really well known but I did read from uncle dugs that they moved from bow area out to Dagenham for a bit, thaxted house, and studio was around Dagenham Heathway.

If memory serves me right I’m sure I can remember reading about temptation fm broadcasting from same type of Dagenham blocks about a mile away up near Mark’s gate/chadwell heath. Had a friend of who played on there years ago, he’d probably know.

Another thing I can remember from years ago, now don’t shoot me down if I’m wrong, but I can clearly remember flava before 87.6, doing transmissions on 104.6. Again, I have no evidence but I’m almost 100 percent sure this was true. Must have been very early on though. 98/99 maybe?

I use to have a tape recording of a bass or base on 94.2. Again had a friend from becton who mc’d on it. I’m assuming tx and studio was around East Ham/forest gate or Stratford. Anyone remember this. I do remember that the recording was really really weird, almost as if it was pitching up and down or oscillating. I remember at the time thinking there kit was knackered.

I remember again through a friend playing on it, hazard 105.6, tx site was the big block at Canning Town on the a13? Anyone know anything about that. He also did a few sets on flava when it was 87.6, now I know he said the studio was over in barking but absolutely sure he said it was once off rathbone market at Canning Town. Don’t see him anymore so can’t ask, but it’s funny how you remember little snippets of things from years ago.

Another one. I’m absolutely sure I remember a station from 96 ish called vision playing happy hardcore. Anyone else remember that. I had a tape I’m sure of it. Don’t think I’m confusing it with dream or radio active.

Suppose one other was I read about erotic 101.3 fm, they were pretty much all over Leyton. The blocks at Oliver road etc. Think I even saw the block they used as a studio on there Instagram? The info is out there.

Oh and I found a cool little thing about taste 92.5 from years ago. Looks like a guy called gangster or method was running it? In the clip you can clearly see the block they were on and the flats they were using as a studio. Any more info from you guys would be cool. Here’s the YouTube link. Enjoy.

Anyways, hope everyone is cool.
Yeah Ricky Dee was also running his main station Ice FM on 88.4 from Hammersmith/Shepherds Bush area and then he got involved with Mac FM on 92.7, I think it's fair to say in 1997/98 they were two of London's biggest stations!

As far as I know Upfront never came from Essex Towers but the station Boss FM 92.6 did in the early 90s.
As for the other block well as far as I know it's still being used by another station so I won't talk any more about that...

Didn't know that Rinse moved to Dagenham but if Dugs said it then it must be true then, this was probably back in the 91.8 days (I remember when rinse first ever came on in late 1994 just pure jungle).

I remember hearing Flava on 107.8 and then it moved 87.6 around 1999/2000 time, I don't know about 104.6 but they probably did as it was quite a popular frequency around that side of London but didn't have any stations using it for very long durations back then.
As far as I know they came from Romford/Dagenham ways.

Never heard of Bass/Bass FM 94.2.

I remember the station Hazard on 105.6, not sure if you mean Balfron Tower in Poplar?

Yes Vision FM was on around 95.2 from around 1995 to 1997 sort of time ran by Lady Vexs. I think it mainly came from the Woolwich area (Francis street blocks). And then a few years later in 1998/99 her brother put a station called Kronik FM on the same frequency from Brixton but it was only very short lived.

Yeah Erotic came on 101.3 shortly after Eruption went off, I think it was ran by a guy called Steve Courtney.
Eruption made a come back (using 104.0) whilst Erotic was still using 101.3.

I used to know a woman who was friends with the guy who ran Taste FM and she knew him as "Smokey".
Eruption was on 94 fm before the moved to 104 fm , after the moved from 101.3 fm. Erotic fm was a good station . Steve Courtney was a wicked DJ

WEBB-TECH
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Re: RE: Re: past stations and locations

Post by WEBB-TECH » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:38 pm

Ian wrote:
teckniqs wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:54 pm
Abc676 wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:09 pm Thought I’d Chuck a few comments on this section, always loved the threads about tx and studio locations.

I can remember a few that were said on this forum years ago that some of you may have forgotten about.

One I remember was from Ricky who was running Mac 92.7. I clearly remember him saying one of the studio locations was on the clem Attlee estate in Fulham. Think the tx site was pretty well known, even though it’s escaped me today. The Swiss cottage blocks I think.

Upfront fm, that was another. I know the Essex towers block in penge was mentioned, however I’m pretty sure some of you mentioned a smaller block in Crystal Palace that was smaller but on higher land and got out even better? Was that right lol? Anyone know the studio locations.

Rinse fm sites are really well known but I did read from uncle dugs that they moved from bow area out to Dagenham for a bit, thaxted house, and studio was around Dagenham Heathway.

If memory serves me right I’m sure I can remember reading about temptation fm broadcasting from same type of Dagenham blocks about a mile away up near Mark’s gate/chadwell heath. Had a friend of who played on there years ago, he’d probably know.

Another thing I can remember from years ago, now don’t shoot me down if I’m wrong, but I can clearly remember flava before 87.6, doing transmissions on 104.6. Again, I have no evidence but I’m almost 100 percent sure this was true. Must have been very early on though. 98/99 maybe?

I use to have a tape recording of a bass or base on 94.2. Again had a friend from becton who mc’d on it. I’m assuming tx and studio was around East Ham/forest gate or Stratford. Anyone remember this. I do remember that the recording was really really weird, almost as if it was pitching up and down or oscillating. I remember at the time thinking there kit was knackered.

I remember again through a friend playing on it, hazard 105.6, tx site was the big block at Canning Town on the a13? Anyone know anything about that. He also did a few sets on flava when it was 87.6, now I know he said the studio was over in barking but absolutely sure he said it was once off rathbone market at Canning Town. Don’t see him anymore so can’t ask, but it’s funny how you remember little snippets of things from years ago.

Another one. I’m absolutely sure I remember a station from 96 ish called vision playing happy hardcore. Anyone else remember that. I had a tape I’m sure of it. Don’t think I’m confusing it with dream or radio active.

Suppose one other was I read about erotic 101.3 fm, they were pretty much all over Leyton. The blocks at Oliver road etc. Think I even saw the block they used as a studio on there Instagram? The info is out there.

Oh and I found a cool little thing about taste 92.5 from years ago. Looks like a guy called gangster or method was running it? In the clip you can clearly see the block they were on and the flats they were using as a studio. Any more info from you guys would be cool. Here’s the YouTube link. Enjoy.

Anyways, hope everyone is cool.
Yeah Ricky Dee was also running his main station Ice FM on 88.4 from Hammersmith/Shepherds Bush area and then he got involved with Mac FM on 92.7, I think it's fair to say in 1997/98 they were two of London's biggest stations!

As far as I know Upfront never came from Essex Towers but the station Boss FM 92.6 did in the early 90s.
As for the other block well as far as I know it's still being used by another station so I won't talk any more about that...

Didn't know that Rinse moved to Dagenham but if Dugs said it then it must be true then, this was probably back in the 91.8 days (I remember when rinse first ever came on in late 1994 just pure jungle).

I remember hearing Flava on 107.8 and then it moved 87.6 around 1999/2000 time, I don't know about 104.6 but they probably did as it was quite a popular frequency around that side of London but didn't have any stations using it for very long durations back then.
As far as I know they came from Romford/Dagenham ways.

Never heard of Bass/Bass FM 94.2.

I remember the station Hazard on 105.6, not sure if you mean Balfron Tower in Poplar?

Yes Vision FM was on around 95.2 from around 1995 to 1997 sort of time ran by Lady Vexs. I think it mainly came from the Woolwich area (Francis street blocks). And then a few years later in 1998/99 her brother put a station called Kronik FM on the same frequency from Brixton but it was only very short lived.

Yeah Erotic came on 101.3 shortly after Eruption went off, I think it was ran by a guy called Steve Courtney.
Eruption made a come back (using 104.0) whilst Erotic was still using 101.3.

I used to know a woman who was friends with the guy who ran Taste FM and she knew him as "Smokey".
Eruption was on 94 fm before the moved to 104 fm , after the moved from 101.3 fm. Erotic fm was a good station . Steve Courtney was a wicked DJ
Steve's quite an amusing guy. Had some good laughs with him.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Ian
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by Ian » Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:33 pm

Yes he’s got worse with time like a fine wine with his humour ha ha