Hi Everyone

Oh hello - you must be new. Introduce yourself to the radio world here!
QRP_Fun
ne guy
ne guy

Hi Everyone

Post by QRP_Fun » Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:09 pm

Hello everyone,
I've being reading this forum for a little while, finally I decided to join this forum. I'm fascinated with the RF electronics since it is quite counter intuitive with RF circuitries as there is more electronic rules that applied to the RF electronics than general electronics. Steven Moss, Albert H has being an inspiration to me since the development of the Veronica and NRG "Kallitron" anti-phase Hartley oscillator that was originally developed by Cheirix and Mesney using vacuum tube into the solid state transistor version. Sinus Trouble and Zozo have each developed their own FM modulation driver board which has also fascinated me quite a lot.

I sometimes do a bit of ham radio from time to time as ham radio band with a license is the only way to test an antenna and explore the physics aspects on the electric field and magnetic field at each portion of the antenna. Yagi-Uda antenna is probably my favourite as it focuses the energy at one direction also allows the reception of the signal strength to be increased with one direction without any external amplifiers.

When I do test a FM band modulator, I always use a dummy load to prevent RF and harmonics from leaking into the air since it is the only way to not break any rules regulations.

Best wish to all,
QRP_Fun

BriansBrain
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin
Location: Gran Canaria, Spain. One of the 7 islands off the N.W. coast of Africa.

Re: Hi Everyone

Post by BriansBrain » Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:46 pm

Welcome :tup
''Radio Brian'' - One of the Most Unique English Speaking Radio Stations in the Canaries... Possibly the World.

QRP_Fun
ne guy
ne guy

Re: Hi Everyone

Post by QRP_Fun » Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:31 am

Thanks Brian.