Tower Block Roof Holes

Everything technical about radio can be discussed here, whether it's transmitting or receiving. Guides, charts, diagrams, etc. are all welcome.
XXL
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Tower Block Roof Holes

Post by XXL » Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:18 am

Iv recently been checking out a few blocks to use but my mate reckons we can’t use them to jack the rig down because it’s for gas boilers/carbon monoxide to escape from the flats below. The jack will be blocking the entire hole as it has a plate on the top to stop it being winched out. Looking online and down the hole it just looks like air vents into the flats. There’s no steam coming out the top and I’m pretty sure the flu chimneys are on the side of the block, but I could be wrong. Has anyone had any issues with blocking the vent ?

Also when going to an all electric tower block there was only the 1 hole for the bin shoot. But problem with using that is you can’t go down far enough until the opening of the top floor bin door. Someone will just reach it with tools and get it out. Also it’s a huge diameter, maybe a good 600-800mm across

Wk-end
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Re: Tower Block Roof Holes

Post by Wk-end » Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:22 am

Defo think you're over thinking it fella! air/gas will stiil pass/get out even with the tightest jack bro. Yeah stay clear of bin shoots!
http://stream.wk-end.co.uk/

Studio Number> 07551-887-997

XXL
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by XXL » Mon May 01, 2023 12:52 am

Thanks, but why not use bin chutes ? Sometimes that’s all there is.

sinus trouble
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by sinus trouble » Mon May 01, 2023 1:46 am

I guess what Wk-end is eluding to is that if you obstruct the upper floor waste chute which may be only a couple of metres below? A blockage will occur!

Also mentioned, there is no reason why ventilation holes bored into your Jack protection plate would be a bad idea?

Good for your rig and the residents!
I am as stupid as I look! :|

Wk-end
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by Wk-end » Mon May 01, 2023 11:46 am

Bin "cute's" Sorry lads spelling was defo not my thing a school lol Can be got at from the side wall! Have you ever been up a block and seen the patching in where a rigs been smashed out the wall? I can think of two site's off the top of my head where this has happened, Cotton garden estate Elephant and castle & one in hammersmith but cant remember the name...

XXL
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by XXL » Mon May 01, 2023 5:30 pm

That’s mental, iv never heard of them going that far for a rig before. Iv had jack top plates smashed, and safes ripped open but never though they would actually smash the wall, jeez.

And sinus that could be a good idea but I don’t wanna give them anything to put a hook onto.

Wk-end
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by Wk-end » Mon May 01, 2023 9:02 pm

Oh yeah they go in!

Would luv to know what radio you're from pm me if you like bro.

thewisepranker
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by thewisepranker » Mon May 01, 2023 11:02 pm

XXL wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:30 pm Iv had jack top plates smased
Use steel rather than porcelain.

Wk-end
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by Wk-end » Mon May 01, 2023 11:25 pm

lol

3metrejim
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by 3metrejim » Mon May 01, 2023 11:40 pm

I guess the 4 listeners are mid-points :whistle ? and the 56 were from your link here.
wk-end.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sinus trouble
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by sinus trouble » Tue May 02, 2023 12:45 am

XXL wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:30 pm That’s mental, iv never heard of them going that far for a rig before. Iv had jack top plates smashed, and safes ripped open but never though they would actually smash the wall, jeez.

And sinus that could be a good idea but I don’t wanna give them anything to put a hook onto.
Haha! Wow!! Wk-Ends Comments shocked me too! :lol:

I guess with regards to ventilation? Maybe a mesh type sheet could be used to prevent any unwanted entry whilst allowing adequate air flow?
I am as stupid as I look! :|

3metrejim
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by 3metrejim » Tue May 02, 2023 1:10 am

Take a look at the YouTube link I posted in the general scummery section. All the rig theivery methods are in that vid, along with an infamous rig theif who was often mentioned on here.

Wk-end
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by Wk-end » Tue May 02, 2023 11:54 am

3metrejim wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 11:40 pm I guess the 4 listeners are mid-points :whistle ? and the 56 were from your link here.
wk-end.png
Im confused as to how this is relevent to the topic Jim? Or are you just trying to imply we have no listeners? Very odd..

Albert H
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by Albert H » Tue May 02, 2023 12:46 pm

XXL wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:30 pm That’s mental, iv never heard of them going that far for a rig before. Iv had jack top plates smashed, and safes ripped open but never though they would actually smash the wall, jeez.
Years ogo, I bricked a rig into the parapet wall of a block in Shepherd's Bush. It was there for months and used every weekend. Eventually Gotts & Co decided that it was time to remove it, and they took a sledgehammer to the wall to break it out. Unfortunately, some idiot swung the hammer a bit too hard, and sent several bricks about 19 floors down onto some cars parked below..... Fortunately, the cars they hit were theirs!
"Why is my rig humming?"
"Because it doesn't know the words!"
;)

3metrejim
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by 3metrejim » Wed May 03, 2023 11:29 am

Wk-end wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 11:54 am
3metrejim wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 11:40 pm I guess the 4 listeners are mid-points :whistle ? and the 56 were from your link here.
wk-end.png
Im confused as to how this is relevent to the topic Jim? Or are you just trying to imply we have no listeners? Very odd..
Well, if you are posting the link here, you'd better be on the pro-plan from shoutca.st. If not and someone wanted to shut you down (or at least make you upgrade the plan) they'd get a few mates to open multiple browser tabs keeping an eye on the number of listeners info. Can tell what plan you are on by listener number (exceeding 200 or 500). If it is not the pro plan, you can expect the stream to last for only 1 hour (1M byte per listener per minute approx for 128kb/s). if someone did that. I don't think anyone on here is that malicious, but you never know who is looking, especially if it's coming out on the broadcast band from somewhere.