Mixcloud vs SoundCloud and or others?

Casual chatter & off-topic talk in here please! Soon to be world-famous acts of neckery will take place in this very venue. Topics here are known to get out of hand! Not to be taken seriously by anyone.
fmuser877
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Mixcloud vs SoundCloud and or others?

Post by fmuser877 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:56 pm

With mix going subscription do you think many will stop uploading to them?
I have also since discovered you can post music to telegram and its free for files under 2GB again you get 10 free folders. :smoke

fmuser877
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Re: Mixcloud vs SoundCloud and or others?

Post by fmuser877 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:21 pm

OK
I have since tried rumble which seems to work.
https://www.bitchute.com/ may also work but must be under 2GB

radionortheast
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by radionortheast » Sat Jul 08, 2023 10:11 am

I was thinking of trying it mixcloud, i’ve always collected music every few weeks would make a playlist and relay it throught my transmitter. I’ve got out of the habbit of doing it lately since 2020, i’m been meaning to get back into, I was thinking of converting it to something online using mixcloud, I even made jingles using a computer generated software, does make it sound professional.
They still allow you to upload on free account, people won’t beable to listen to older mixes, suppose its going down the same route as everything else, after peoples money another supcrition service. It seems to me what spoiled broadcasting, the fact it had to be about profit, has transfered itself online, trisitonal broadcasters are going away from anlogue, with few listeners there now theres no reason to keep the transmitters going. It means people have moved online to get into luctractive market, their excizing more control, its fairly bad thing, those on the margins get pushed even more so to be on a fringe, you can’t put your videos on youtube their going to get blocked. I suppose if you made your own music I can see a point in paying a website to advertise it, with this I can’t see it working for most people who don’t make money out of their mixes, your paying for music twice, if you’ve downloaded it legally. Without them advertising it you're paying for hosting, its alright for big dj’s, their mixes will be put forward, for anyone else I suppose its another subscription that you don’t need.

BlackBeard
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by BlackBeard » Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:11 pm

I'm using https://ok.ru/ in combination with OBS Studio as a free hoster for a radio webstream. Videos can be uploaded as well of course. They don't care about copyrighted material. 128kbit/s 4 free and the video/stream can be embedded on any website via an iframe. If you use one of the various eastern european "DMCA-ignore" hosters, you've got yourself a cheap website + webstream.