Pirate radio set up - for a tv show - advice needed

Discuss all things relating to the busy London Pirate Radio scene.
feefee
ne guy
ne guy

Pirate radio set up - for a tv show - advice needed

Post by feefee » Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:29 am

Hey,

Hoping this group may be able to help..

I need some advise on some private radio transmitter props, specifically microwave links etc etc.

looking for someone to consult on the logistics of these / what they would be etc etc as we need to create a really accurate set up

Circa 2000 so nothing modern

Trying to work out if we can hire (if someone might have some old equipment we could loan) or if we will have to get prop versions made (and if anyone had a contact of someone who could do this)

Incredibly short time frame - hoping to talk to someone today
££££

fmuser877
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Re: Pirate radio set up - for a tv show - advice needed

Post by fmuser877 » Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:54 pm

I would ask him

FMEnjoyer
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Re: Pirate radio set up - for a tv show - advice needed

Post by FMEnjoyer » Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:46 am

I am no expert never ran a link before but know what they look like from youtube vids whoever you ask will ask if this is rooftop perspective - guys setting up on a tower block - studio link tx side - or just studio gear.

Studio kit you can get off ebay probably couple of numark decks, cheap silver ball mic, cassette player, phonic MRT-60 DJ mixer, headphones, set of old black hi fi speakers and cd players If I recall well on the block tops they were like a stub of scaffold pole or any pole in a cement block in a biscuit tin/bucket with a LNB and bit of coax coming off it, search LNB - low noise block - on ebay/amazon.Someone would sell you an old aluminium box with a heatsink on I bet and a few LED's on a battery... as a transmitter mock up.. bits of coax coming out In the studio it would mainly be dj kit with a whiteboard with schedule and No smoking etc on it. Very easy to do really but you would need someone to focus on it. Hope you find someone don;t forget to let us know what the movie or program is.