Shortest FM TX time to not get caught ?

Everything technical about radio can be discussed here, whether it's transmitting or receiving. Guides, charts, diagrams, etc. are all welcome.
sinus trouble
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Re: Shortest FM TX time to not get caught ?

Post by sinus trouble » Fri May 17, 2019 2:03 pm

I have to agree with Mr Oldskoolpirate!
In the past I have broadcast for months solid and not a dickie bird from Ofcom!! In London!!

Yes it is uncertain when the knock on the door will arrive? But I am sure raids are not as simple as that!! Planning and legal proceedures are time consuming! Unless there is some kind of 'Emergency' threat!
I am as stupid as I look! :|

McDonalds
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by McDonalds » Sat May 18, 2019 9:49 am

still have my 30 watts but not going to use as much I have a much smaller TX just to cover my house and next door dought they will bother with this.
I may turn the 30 watts one on now and again though.

radionortheast
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by radionortheast » Mon May 20, 2019 9:43 am

McDonalds wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 9:49 am
still have my 30 watts but not going to use as much I have a much smaller TX just to cover my house and next door dought they will bother with this.
I may turn the 30 watts one on now and again though.
don’t know if thats a tx I saw a video about a while ago, I think their kind of transmitters that can only be operated at full power else they might put out sprogs, I can understand why your not using it. I don’t know if these transmitters from greece might be any good on ebay, https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FM-PLL-TRANS ... SwFb5aFH4S
they are 1w stereo, thought I don't have that transmitter, I find 1w is enough here to tx down to some woods, I can still dx it 12kms away, with the aerial high up.

Albert H
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by Albert H » Mon May 20, 2019 1:30 pm

I know of someone (some years ago) who was building a rig and was caught with just 100mW into a couple of paralleled 100Ω resistors! He'd just moved to his new flat and discovered (the hard way) that his neighbour two flats away worked for the Post Office RIS!!!
"Why is my rig humming?"
"Because it doesn't know the words!"
;)