90's/00's pirate (internet radio) station Old Street Shoreditch (under the railway bridge)

Discuss & sharing nostalgia relating from the pirate stations of the 60s up to modern day inactive stations.
Travis
ne guy
ne guy

90's/00's pirate (internet radio) station Old Street Shoreditch (under the railway bridge)

Post by Travis » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:49 pm

Hi all,

I recently started working at the railway arch venue Kachette located at 347 Old St Shoreditch (under the Old St railway bridge before Shoreditch High St). The building used to be the ticket hall of Shoreditch Station until 1940 then was unused for years until it was set up as Kachette in 2013. More importantly, I was told that there was a pirate / internet radio station operating out of the disused venue for a few years in the 90's / 00's. Anyone on here know about this ? I was told it was an internet radio rather than an FM pirate station but would love to find out more if anyone on here was involved. Hit me up please travis@shoreditch.com

Sparki
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Re: 90's/00's pirate (internet radio) station Old Street Shoreditch (under the railway bridge)

Post by Sparki » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:50 pm

Travis wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:49 pm
Hi all,

I recently started working at the railway arch venue Kachette located at 347 Old St Shoreditch (under the Old St railway bridge before Shoreditch High St). The building used to be the ticket hall of Shoreditch Station until 1940 then was unused for years until it was set up as Kachette in 2013. More importantly, I was told that there was a pirate / internet radio station operating out of the disused venue for a few years in the 90's / 00's. Anyone on here know about this ? I was told it was an internet radio rather than an FM pirate station but would love to find out more if anyone on here was involved. Hit me up please travis@shoreditch.com
Sorry for late reply just logged in after not being on for ages, back then there was very little on the internet station wise but I do remember hearing there was a station in late 90s that became the first ever (or first ever dance station) to go on the internet the name unf escapes me but did have some big names that went on to become something in the scene after.

Also could it have been Phat Beats? they were around in the 00s but I think they came from lots of porta cabins didnt they? perhaps they used this place you speak of before.
Catch myself Sparki Dee on FB : https://www.facebook.com/sparkideemusic/