I’m in need for the software for this RDS encoder!

Everything technical about radio can be discussed here, whether it's transmitting or receiving. Guides, charts, diagrams, etc. are all welcome.
ehsanspicedigital
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

I’m in need for the software for this RDS encoder!

Post by ehsanspicedigital » Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:45 am

Hello Hello all. Hope you are all well. I’ve just found this rds encoder that i needed to use in the store room and i’ve misplaced the software for this. i’m going to attach pictures of it . Before anyone asks, yes i’ve tried Tiny RDS and MonRDS and MiniRDS. Is there something wrong with my wiring? i’m using a cheapo rs232 to usb serial converter.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ehsanspicedigital
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Re: I’m in need for the software for this RDS encoder!

Post by ehsanspicedigital » Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:49 am

The actual board powers on and the Blue LED starts slowly flashing, presumable to show the correct working of the encoder?

radium98
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by radium98 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:33 pm

could be the usb converter , copy china i have faced many problem before i have purchased a legit one , if you can show the back of the rs232 on the pcb and second you must see any data stored in the eeprom , also if it is blank you must see nothing

ehsanspicedigital
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by ehsanspicedigital » Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:10 pm

What pictures do you need? And also would you think its better if i use a normal RS232 to RS232 cable? Ive got a old windows 7 desktop here and i'll order the rs232 cable and try to connect on the old pc that accepts serial input.

SamTheDog
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by SamTheDog » Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:12 am

I use three RDS software packages in the studio. All connect using usb to RS232 adaptors.
TinyRDS, MagicRDS, or as you say these don't work. Designs Digital RDS V2
This is what's used here.

Once you have the usb to serial side running OK. Then run the software for your RDS unit.
there are a couple of differing serial to USB adaptors. some ony work with specific Operating-
system versions. so make sure you get one that works with win7 if that's what you have. and download
the drivers for it
Sam The Dog.....

TOR-Radio FM / Mediumwave / Shortwave and dvb-t2 !
And many moons ago.. WNKR on FM and Shortwave.
info@torradio org / qq22.net / TorRadio.ORG

ehsanspicedigital
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by ehsanspicedigital » Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:23 am

hi. i have digital designs rds v2 software on my hdd. that’s the first one i tried all of them. i’m starting to think it’s my rs232 to usb cable that’s a bit troublesome. i’ve tried on both windows 7, windows 10 and 8.1. it automatically pulls the driver and installs it and assigns it a comport. could you please advise what baud rate would have to be used for this please! thanks…

ehsanspicedigital
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by ehsanspicedigital » Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:27 am

i’ve got a rs 232 wire but it had an ethernet jack on the other side wired for a cisco router. could someone please help me with the pin out of a rs232 connector so that i can try soldering the cable to the board and try the communication. thanks. by the way to confirm the functioning of the rds i’m using rds spy on my pc with the sound card set at 192khz and passing the output of the rds encoder to the pc.

radium98
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by radium98 » Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:46 pm

Att there maybe counterfeit usb to rs232 adapter and i was getting trouble with one that was a plc something

Albert H
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by Albert H » Sat Apr 06, 2024 1:44 am

I modified my RDS board to accommodate RS232 or inverted RS232, since the commonly available cheap USB to RS232 adaptors using the PL 2303 (like this one: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/315000370447?) give an inverted data signal. The "My RDS" circuit has a transistor feeding the RS232 data to the PIC - my "data" line just connected to the collector of the transistor (so I didn't get the inversion provided by the transistor), and just used the collector load resistor as a pull-up.
"Why is my rig humming?"
"Because it doesn't know the words!"
;)

ehsanspicedigital
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by ehsanspicedigital » Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:46 am

Right. could you please explain this in more detail if possible? i have received a original rs232 to rs232 cable that came with a different rds encoder borrowed it off a mate. this is the back of the rds encoder by the way!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.