Power supply issues

Everything technical about radio can be discussed here, whether it's transmitting or receiving. Guides, charts, diagrams, etc. are all welcome.
XXL
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Power supply issues

Post by XXL » Fri May 19, 2023 4:49 pm

Got an issue which is doing my nut in with these power supply’s in the picture. Iv gone through 3 supply’s now and keeps happening. It will run flat out for 2 days and then the output mosfets will pop. I know it’s cheap but iv never had this issue at 48v running them flat out 24/7.

Mine is a 24v. The amp needs around 20amps. Iv used 500w and 600w supply’s. Is there anything I can do to improve it or will I need to go even further up and buy a 720w version ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mpx
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Re: Power supply issues

Post by mpx » Fri May 19, 2023 9:03 pm

Have you got filter caps and chokes on the inputs and outputs? Good airflow?
The cheaper ones will go pop. Meanwell are usually very good

rigmo
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Re: Power supply issues

Post by rigmo » Fri May 19, 2023 10:22 pm

In my experience need to be 30% more then total power driver units.. but i preferer 50%
to bad colling i mean hetatink of case its to thick need one more panel AL 3mm on wall side of switchers.. extra heatsink... lot of thermal paste..

720-800W but you need to be sure is that real power.. on sticker can be pussy draw to :)