security

Everything technical about radio can be discussed here, whether it's transmitting or receiving. Guides, charts, diagrams, etc. are all welcome.
XXL
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Re: security

Post by XXL » Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:40 pm

Lol I often wonder how true this is tbh. I’m fully confident you wouldn’t be able to just buy something that makes you that sick.

Bton-FM
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by Bton-FM » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:18 pm

You say that XXL but I found an american website that sells it!

wazza

Post by wazza » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:55 pm

Just another of Albert's very tall stories...

teckniqs
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by teckniqs » Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:58 am

Bton-FM wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:18 pm You say that XXL but I found an american website that sells it!
On the Dark Web? :?

Bton-FM
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by Bton-FM » Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:40 am

No teckniqs....on the clearnet!

Bton-FM
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by Bton-FM » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:12 pm

ok then..

XXL
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by XXL » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:35 pm

Thedaddy wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:40 pm When killer gets out of jail. I’m going to set up a rig and lure the fat cunt in.

Then I’m going to jump him and stab him so many times in the face that no one will ever recognise him again.
Yep same here. I would actually kill that cunt. It’s not like anyone will be looking for him. How u know he’s in jail ?

Albert H
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by Albert H » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:27 am

Back in the 1980s, Radio Invicta used valved rigs. They could get quite a lot of power quite cheaply using QQV06-40 bottles. They typically used around 800V on the anodes. They had a supply of 8µF 1kV capacitors for the supply smoothing, and typically had a few of them in parallel. After a construction mishap, they decided to "tamper-proof" their rigs. I remember the test on Streatham Common....

The protection was quite simple - a DPDT relay across the supply rectifier, which would reverse the supply voltage when tamper was detected! The flash and bang from the exploding supply filter capacitors was spectacular. As I recall, they added a thunderflash into the mix as well....

The notorious rig thief that tried to take one of their rigs from the top of the Arndale Centre in Wandsworth got a lot more than he expected!

They also managed to bag one of the RIS crew at the top of a block in Battersea.....

There were then press stories about radio pirates being terrorists and how they'd planned to maim or even kill Gotts' guys. There was a lot of very bad PR about that.
"Why is my rig humming?"
"Because it doesn't know the words!"
;)

Bton-FM
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by Bton-FM » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:43 pm

XXL wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:35 pm
Thedaddy wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:40 pm When killer gets out of jail. I’m going to set up a rig and lure the fat cunt in.

Then I’m going to jump him and stab him so many times in the face that no one will ever recognise him again.
Yep same here. I would actually kill that cunt. It’s not like anyone will be looking for him. How u know he’s in jail ?
I’m just interested cos I’m not really clued up on killer too much - why hasn’t he stopped?Surely he’s received many a beating over the years?

XXL
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by XXL » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:44 am

He will ring you up and threaten £150 or your station goes. Basically he has no life. Where as most people won’t have the time to take a £100 box. He will spend hours on tracking, taking, and if he can’t get it, destroying your shit. Although there is ways to defeat this dickhead so Dw too much about him. He’s just a small fish tbh.

Albert H
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by Albert H » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:56 am

A few people need to lie in wait for him. When he goes on top of the block, lock him up there. Leave him up there - phone-less - for a couple of days. This time of year, it gets very cold up blocks!
"Why is my rig humming?"
"Because it doesn't know the words!"
;)