Shadow 101.8 FM

Discuss & sharing nostalgia relating from the pirate stations of the 60s up to modern day inactive stations.
Sparki
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Shadow 101.8 FM

Post by Sparki » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:46 pm

I was sent a recording last night where someone had recorded my internet station that was relayed onto FM. Its a direct recording from FM and the reception as you can probably hear was crap due to the hiss and what sounds like a neighbouring station ghosting over the top. Apparently this was in July 2010, not sure who is DJ'ing in this as no one speaks its just music. From the title of the recording it says its an over night mix, maybe it was one of the many I mixed for when the station had no live DJ's on I dont know.

At the time I had been doing that net station since summer 2009 and it lasted till summer 2012, was just a little weekend station online with at most around 10 to 30 to 50 listeners at a time (very small) but unbeknown to me it was being relayed out onto the FM in from what I can gather Bow or Hackney? that was what I was told anyway, info could be not correct. I do remember some shows where the locations were very specific on the text messages (07521 302511 I still remember our hotline lol) it was quite a buzz hearing that it got out that far.

Did anyone around that area ever hear us? probably not I bet lol but if you did hope you enjoyed :)

https://www.mixcloud.com/sparkideenewpa ... night-mix/

Let me know what you think of the mix

bristolpirates
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Re: Shadow 101.8 FM

Post by bristolpirates » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:03 pm

Nice try. No distortion on the music and it's way too bright compared to the static. Music is in stereo, static isn't. Mix starts too cleanly, a real recording would come in half way through the mix ;)

Sparki
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Re: Shadow 101.8 FM

Post by Sparki » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:31 pm

bristolpirates wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:03 pm Nice try. No distortion on the music and it's way too bright compared to the static. Music is in stereo, static isn't. Mix starts too cleanly, a real recording would come in half way through the mix ;)
It was sent to me I have no clue about the sound if this is the case then I been lied to! I know it did get out on the FM but only recordings I have are from the web stream which are clear.