Flight Fm Finished?

Discuss all things relating to the busy London Pirate Radio scene.
thewisepranker
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Re: Flight Fm Finished?

Post by thewisepranker » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:29 pm

stevemay wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:20 pm Don't think I've heard them live in 3 years plus so nothing unusual there
I've seen live streams from their studio fairly recently.

stevemay
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by stevemay » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:59 am

rissonew12 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:06 pm Not live for 3 years? I heard a decent drum and bass set live on Wednesday nice signs in west and Surrey
Last time I heard it live you was mcing on there! Not saying it's not been live just never when I tune in

rissonew12
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by rissonew12 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:00 pm

@Stevemay haha bussin up the mic I haven't done a dnb show for a minute . I think i might do a set this week rub the dust off me

stevemay
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by stevemay » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:54 pm

Not enough good dnb anymore Kool was doing well for a while and origin are ok but not enough raw dnb shows on the fm anymore

rissonew12
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by rissonew12 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:52 pm

Yea I agree mate I think the airwaves is full of dry house music and washed up same old garage . I'm a jungle dnb guy though so look to listen to jungle or drum when listening . Looking forward to doing a set this week looking like Tuesday drivertime 4 till 6

Westman
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by Westman » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:07 pm

Got Flight Fm from Watford M25 all the way around to Gatwick Airport Thursday night, which is quite a good range for them.

Really surprised they have returned, been months did think it was finally over, but we all know Flight love a break for a few months. Hopfully stay on now, but three station sharing a dial isn't going to last long. Still surprised they gave up 101.7, even with Asian Star in Slough bumping their London signal.

stevemay
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by stevemay » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:18 am

rissonew12 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:52 pm Yea I agree mate I think the airwaves is full of dry house music and washed up same old garage . I'm a jungle dnb guy though so look to listen to jungle or drum when listening . Looking forward to doing a set this week looking like Tuesday drivertime 4 till 6
I'll defo tune in looking forward to it

stevemay
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by stevemay » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:21 am

Westman wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:07 pm Got Flight Fm from Watford M25 all the way around to Gatwick Airport Thursday night, which is quite a good range for them.

Really surprised they have returned, been months did think it was finally over, but we all know Flight love a break for a few months. Hopfully stay on now, but three station sharing a dial isn't going to last long. Still surprised they gave up 101.7, even with Asian Star in Slough bumping their London signal.
Flights problem is they off too long and seem to pick really strange dials also and have dramas with too many people it used to be a really good ukg station on 1015 at one point

Westman
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by Westman » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:34 am

stevemay wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:21 am
Westman wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:07 pm Got Flight Fm from Watford M25 all the way around to Gatwick Airport Thursday night, which is quite a good range for them.

Flights problem is they off too long and seem to pick really strange dials also and have dramas with too many people it used to be a really good ukg station on 1015 at one point
The management of Flight have certainly had there history with a few London station, and will defender themselves or attack....

stevemay
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by stevemay » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:53 pm

Westman wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:34 am

The management of Flight have certainly had there history with a few London station, and will defender themselves or attack....
From what I've heard it's quite the reverse! They seem to be targets for rig thieves I don't know them or who owns it anymore I know it was a girl before who owned a dj agency but they been terrorised from what I've heard so I'm not sure that statement is accurate on the old radionecks it was common knowledge that they was being targeted by thieves and done nothing

tonyt
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by tonyt » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:48 pm

7 months off air..... but they will defend/attack? Seems like they don’t like the fact another station started broadcasting on there.. way to much negativity with in the radio world.... :lol:

Westman
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by Westman » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:38 pm

stevemay wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:53 pm
Westman wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:34 am

From what I've heard it's quite the reverse! They seem to be targets for rig thieves I don't know them or who owns it anymore I know it was a girl before who owned a dj agency but they been terrorised from what I've heard so I'm not sure that statement is accurate on the old radionecks it was common knowledge that they was being targeted by thieves and done nothing

Again mate zero knowledge of what your talking about.

A woman who run Flight? Where on Earth did you hear that or get than info? Flight has been run by two guy since its start, which much help from other strong heads in their camp, so again showing your total ignorance.

In recent Years, yes they have been a target rigs thives (and who hasn't, look at Origin in recent Years) But my point was about Flight since they started, they have always defender their dial to anyone who has tried to target them. This goes back to the late 1990s early 2000s. With out going into fine detail, I am sure people here have had to deal with Flights management, and know originally they were fully backed by some nasty people.

I think if you knew stories of Flight you would know they wouldn't sit back and do nothing.