pirate radio scene changing

Discuss all things relating to the busy London Pirate Radio scene.
sparkypaul
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

pirate radio scene changing

Post by sparkypaul » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:30 am

I have noticed a change in the scene recent years.
Some stations popping up that want to put out a more professional output.
LSR,Stomp and B2B seem to have the ethos, (and probably the money) that will keep them on air no matter what.
These stations ,obviously run by older more experienced guys are paving the way for the future pirate scene.
Now we need someone with the same ethos to start a similarly professional station that plays modern music.
I got fed up with pirates years ago when 'shout out to all the year 11's at local school" became the norm
I'm convinced that soon someone will come along and a new 'Kiss' 1980s style will be born. Beating Crapitol in the Polls. Making it into newspaper articles and heard in shops throughout the capital.

famefm
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Re: pirate radio scene changing

Post by famefm » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:24 am

LSR ? That doesn't sound good right next to lbc .House fm should be on your list

sparkypaul
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by sparkypaul » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:37 pm

I must admit House and some Vision shows I've heard have been quite good and there's probably more that I've not heard that are well presented. Im listening to LSR right now in Biggin Hill and the audio is spot on.
I suppose my main point is there are a lot of poorly produced shows on pirate and there's no need for it.

sparkypaul
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by sparkypaul » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:51 pm

There are loads of people who want a go on Radio so they should be vetted and only the best on air. That's how u get loyal listeners and make any sort of profit out of Radio.

famefm
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by famefm » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:58 pm

That' would be good but won't happen as for lsr can't hear it in the west very well they might have moved or got weaker and I would like to see house fm do what b2b did last month and boost the signal because they are very hard to pick up lately and hasn't been on at all for the last 2 weeks

4therecord
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by 4therecord » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:14 pm

sparkypaul's post actually proves that what one person's idea of good is... may not be another's! - So clearly he likes Soul music (and so do I)... so, STOMP are indeed a quality outfit, they was back in the day when they ruled 1054 and they still are now ONLINE with their shows, amount of listeners, support at their events etc, and that's not including the 'pop-up' thing NUSOUL that relays them around what seems to be (compared to what STOMP used to cover) ... a small area.... so I'll buy that one!
B2B I see as a poor man's STOMP (again, just my opinion) and LSR he say's the "audio is spot on"... I've locked that in a few times and the audio (to me) sounds like a microphone at the back of a large cave, picking up audio being thrown out of speakers 100 metres away... maybe my idea of "spot on" audio is a lot different to his!

I get the point he is making about the presentation style, but some might argue that had it's day back in the late 80's with the likes of LWR, JFM, Solar, TKO etc... etc.... it's an interesting debate for sure...

B2B for example have sounded dreadful (audio and signal) for YEARS... so does that make them more "professional" than say Select or Vision (for example) who always seem to maintain a good audio and signal and cover music new and old AND maintain their position on a host of digital apps / listening services???

Discuss!

famefm
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by famefm » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:23 pm

The back2back signal has got stronger in the last month and are you saying that I am right that nusoul was stomp getting ready for the fm again

McDonalds
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by McDonalds » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:41 pm

Listen to radio so little now days
there just far to much on TV all the time.

famefm
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by famefm » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:04 pm

You can't really watch TV when you are driving so radio still relevant for driving

sparkypaul
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by sparkypaul » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:32 pm

I listen online to the radio a lot but I always surf the airwaves every two or three weeks to see what's on. The audio on vision and select and project and Cyndicate in my area is fantastic. I suppose I've listened to a lot of old tapes on pirate radio archive and I miss the old pirates that I used to adore when the scene was raw (to me anyway).
I suppose pirate radio is a starting point for people to get into radio and therefore there are going to be hit and miss shows/presenters etc.
But it wud b amazing to hear a station with thousands of loyal listeners.
Maybe the Internet has changed all that what with downloading and blue toothing songs to each other the younger generation don't really listen to radio like we used to

4therecord
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by 4therecord » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:47 pm

I take back what I said about LSR's audio ... had a listen last night and it was a lot better than when I last checked... which was about 3/4 months ago and it was so bad that I've skipped it ever since!

sparkypaul
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by sparkypaul » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:22 am

I like soul but I love house and hardcore too. How about a house station that stands out from the rest. There's a lot of stations out there still playing speed garage lol and house with nothing that stands out in the mixing style or presentation of the shows.

peterogerspirate
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by peterogerspirate » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:24 pm

sparkypaul wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:32 pm I listen online to the radio a lot but I always surf the airwaves every two or three weeks to see what's on. The audio on vision and select and project and Cyndicate in my area is fantastic. I suppose I've listened to a lot of old tapes on pirate radio archive and I miss the old pirates that I used to adore when the scene was raw (to me anyway).
I suppose pirate radio is a starting point for people to get into radio and therefore there are going to be hit and miss shows/presenters etc.
But it wud b amazing to hear a station with thousands of loyal listeners.
Maybe the Internet has changed all that what with downloading and blue toothing songs to each other the younger generation don't really listen to radio like we used to
They all put there decks on facebook and do 2 hr shows the idea of a stn with many good djs is beyond them because its all about them lol