87.9 innov8 WITHIN A SECRET LOCATION

For discussion of all stations in the UK that are outside of London.
djmikespeed
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Re: 87.9 innov8 WITHIN A SECRET LOCATION

Post by djmikespeed » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:13 pm

radionortheast wrote:'traffic jam' was playing last night, kind of ominous the last time I heard it was on phatt 100 afew weeks later it was no more.
I was on Phatt 100, good friends with the main man, done pirate radio since 1990 ish :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike Speed | http://www.djmikespeed.co.uk | Soundcloud & Mixcloud - /djmikespeed | http://www.reactradio.uk | Underground & Oldskool Beats | 24-7

radionortheast
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by radionortheast » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:43 pm

djmikespeed wrote:
radionortheast wrote:'traffic jam' was playing last night, kind of ominous the last time I heard it was on phatt 100 afew weeks later it was no more.
I was on Phatt 100, good friends with the main man, done pirate radio since 1990 ish :)
no involvment here, problaly counts for nothing on here i guess, i’ve been listening for long time, shame about phatt it had alright signal played more dance than the other stations in huddersfield

underground fm is the first pirate I remember hearing from over huddersfield, was 93 or 94 unity had a good signal too, jive fm was it cool fm was worth a listen, around y2k had habbit of playing binary infinary type music.

bristolpirates
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by bristolpirates » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:27 pm

gratersounds wrote:Does anyone know any contact details for this station?! Like email address or website...

There was such a good tune being played sunday evening 13/06 that I desperately need to find out what it was...
They have Twitter & Soundcloud, could try PMing them. Twitter doesn't seem to get much use though, and the Soundcloud is empty.

bristolpirates
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by bristolpirates » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:27 pm

bristolpirates wrote:
gratersounds wrote:Does anyone know any contact details for this station?! Like email address or website...

There was such a good tune being played sunday evening 13/06 that I desperately need to find out what it was...
They have Twitter & Soundcloud, could try PMing them. Twitter doesn't seem to get much use though, and the Soundcloud is empty.
https://soundcloud.com/innov8radio
https://twitter.com/innov8radio

pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by pirateaddict » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:13 am

It's gone quiet again... Was alright at 3:15 am..I thought it would have been struck with lightening or rained on the last couple of days but it stood up to the weather... Must have it's own all weather coat lol..

pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by pirateaddict » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:05 pm

Back to normal with choons.. And the signal is a bit better as well..Cheers innov8..

pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by pirateaddict » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:54 pm

Some lovely hard drum n bass on the big dial tonight and a live show as far as I could make out. (tooooo many jonny smiffys).. To hear music like this in Sheffield ont wireless is something else...Sheffield is sad most of the time.. Innov8 mashing up the Yorkshire airwaves tonight booooom! :ugeek: :P

teckniqs
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by teckniqs » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:17 am

Can anyone confirm if they are broadcasting the same output as 101.4 Manchester?

TekMcr
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by TekMcr » Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:53 pm

teckniqs wrote:Can anyone confirm if they are broadcasting the same output as 101.4 Manchester?
Manchester innov8 dial has been a silent carrier for about a week now lol

Culture FM
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by Culture FM » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:40 am

Yep what a waste come on boys liven up it's dead round here!!

shuffy
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by shuffy » Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:02 am

TekMcr wrote:Manchester innov8 dial has been a silent carrier for about a week now lol
I don't know if it's been on this week as I've been away but it's certainly been quiet since Thursday and still is. So, a fortnight of dead carrier perhaps? The web stream's still up so it could be that they've lost their internet connection at this end... is there still audio in Sheffield?

pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by pirateaddict » Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:41 am

Yes shuffy it's still on over here..we've had a couple of hours of silent carrier over the week but still on..And my aerial is fubar so I have a length of wire connected to me coax for reception at the moment and is a bit better than me dipole ever was...

pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by pirateaddict » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:36 pm

Some terrible high pitched whine on either side of the frequency at the moment.. What's that? Something is happening anyway... If it is innov8 people then can ya nip over to lancs and sort that one out as well coz someone I think was shuffy was saying it's down over there..Cheers!

shuffy
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by shuffy » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:12 am

pirateaddict wrote:Some terrible high pitched whine on either side of the frequency at the moment.. What's that? Something is happening anyway... If it is innov8 people then can ya nip over to lancs and sort that one out as well coz someone I think was shuffy was saying it's down over there..Cheers!
Could be a problem with the PLL, or an SMPS screaming. Or RDS level too high depending on what it sounds like.
As for Manchester, looks like they might have been sorted - it's off air tonight! :rip

shuffy
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by shuffy » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:25 pm

:| Yup. Rig's been nicked

pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by pirateaddict » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:14 pm

Or8 Shuffy.. Was it com or some tealeaf? I had to make an aerial out of wire yesterday.. So I cut two lengths of copper wire from an old bedside lamp at 835 mm with an extra 10 mm each end for fastening to a screw and it's not too bad if I'm honest and got 87.9 pretty solid last night, was well chuffed with me sen...

shuffy
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by shuffy » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:24 pm

I thought you were going to say you'd started broadcasting with it for a minute!
It looks like the work of a tealeaf, swift, wires cut job. The antenna isn't that difficult to take down but they've just left it up with the coax swinging in the breeze... doesn't seem like the work of com. Also, Killer has admitted he gets up these parts... you should have taken the antenna too mate, it's half decent :lol:

pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by pirateaddict » Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:21 am

Gordon Bennett! If it was easily seen then people who know,would find the rig easy enough spose, people like killer.. That's just one of the problems with broadcasting it's a bit difficult in most situations to hide ya aerial and not affect it's performance.. Mind you ya wouldn't have to if it weren't for't thieving twats..

bristolpirates
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by bristolpirates » Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:05 am

Probably what happened in Cardiff then. The same aerial has been up the block since 2014 and I couldn't see any other likely aerials on the block that may be more recently used. So, it seems the rigs get nicked and the aerial left but re-used next time.

shuffy
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by shuffy » Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:45 am

Difficult to see what the intentions were for Innov8 - you build a "national network" you're going to need enough people to maintain it. These guys clearly haven't even got the resource to produce programmes! I suspect they have no idea what's going on up north, probably aren't even aware they're off air or that they'd been on dead carrier for the last 2 weeks! Still, it was an interesting experiment.