Irish Band Scan

A place to discuss the latest on the airwaves across Ireland, history & everything in-between

Moderator: dancemusicdj

Post Reply
dancemusicdj
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin
Posts: 355
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:48 pm

Re: Irish Band Scan

Post by dancemusicdj » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:33 pm

drumandbasshead010 wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:16 pm
According to the owner's Facebook page, Flirt FM is, as of 24 June, still on 106.6FM.
Fair play to them in any case, they're one of the better pirates out there when they're on, which is good, especially when they're the only alternative station to the legals in the midlands.


Do they stream at all?

drumandbasshead010
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin
Posts: 355
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:52 am

Re: Irish Band Scan

Post by drumandbasshead010 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:54 pm

dancemusicdj wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:33 pm
drumandbasshead010 wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:16 pm
According to the owner's Facebook page, Flirt FM is, as of 24 June, still on 106.6FM.
Fair play to them in any case, they're one of the better pirates out there when they're on, which is good, especially when they're the only alternative station to the legals in the midlands.


Do they stream at all?
No, I don't think so. They have some sets on SoundCloud, though.

dancemusicdj
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin
Posts: 355
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:48 pm

Re: Irish Band Scan

Post by dancemusicdj » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:28 pm

drumandbasshead010 wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:54 pm
dancemusicdj wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:33 pm
drumandbasshead010 wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:16 pm
According to the owner's Facebook page, Flirt FM is, as of 24 June, still on 106.6FM.
Fair play to them in any case, they're one of the better pirates out there when they're on, which is good, especially when they're the only alternative station to the legals in the midlands.


Do they stream at all?
No, I don't think so. They have some sets on SoundCloud, though.


I see.

drumandbasshead010
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin
Posts: 355
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:52 am

Re: Irish Band Scan

Post by drumandbasshead010 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:58 pm

Confirmed yesterday and Flirt is still on 106.6. Both Carlow FM and Redrock on in Carlow, but still no sign of Carlow Radio 93.7. No sign of Hot FM in Kildare either.
The situation last night in Dublin was as follows:
87.6 - Chill FM
91.0 - Hot FM
92.0 - Retro FM
93.2 - Kiss FM
99.5 - carrier with RDS for "danceoneradio.com"
107.1 Trax (was off before midnight)
Forgot to check the AM for Energy, but I'd assume it was on. Hopefully Phever will return soon.
Speaking of Dublin pirates, Fresh FM's mismatched stream seems to be off at the moment.

dancemusicdj
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin
Posts: 355
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:48 pm

Re: Irish Band Scan

Post by dancemusicdj » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:20 pm

Fresh's stream has been off for a few days now. Danceoneradio.com is an online station i believe. I'd imagine fresh are relaying them and have updated the rds.
I think carlow radio 93.7 may be gone so i will take it off the list. Hot fm kildare doesn't seem to have a facebook and no actual web presence so it's hard to know if they are coming back or what the story is there.

drumandbasshead010
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin
Posts: 355
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:52 am

Re: Irish Band Scan

Post by drumandbasshead010 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:30 pm

dancemusicdj wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:20 pm
Fresh's stream has been off for a few days now. Danceoneradio.com is an online station i believe. I'd imagine fresh are relaying them and have updated the rds.
I think carlow radio 93.7 may be gone so i will take it off the list. Hot fm kildare doesn't seem to have a facebook and no actual web presence so it's hard to know if they are coming back or what the story is there.
From what I've heard 99.5 has been switching between all sorts of stations the last while, music TV channels among them, so time will tell what their plan is to be. Could just be someone playing with a transmitter as has been suggested. I agree with you regarding Carlow Radio, it seems to be no more. I think it was just a floating idea Redrock's owner had anyway.

dancemusicdj
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin
Posts: 355
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:48 pm

Re: Irish Band Scan

Post by dancemusicdj » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:12 pm

Yeah fresh is a mystery alright.

drumandbasshead010
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin
Posts: 355
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:52 am

Re: Irish Band Scan

Post by drumandbasshead010 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:13 pm

Fresh FM's stream is now also relaying "danceoneradio.com", which could be an indication that both are now actually in sync.
Edit: Just looked on FB and danceoneradio.com are aware of the relay by Fresh FM in Dublin and advertising it!

dancemusicdj
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin
Posts: 355
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:48 pm

Re: Irish Band Scan

Post by dancemusicdj » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:40 pm

Ah interesting that they are aware of the relay. the station is from the US i believe. At least fresh relaying it is better then the autodj and loop playlists.

drumandbasshead010
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin
Posts: 355
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:52 am

Re: Irish Band Scan

Post by drumandbasshead010 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:51 pm

dancemusicdj wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:40 pm
Ah interesting that they are aware of the relay. the station is from the US i believe. At least fresh relaying it is better then the autodj and loop playlists.
Absolutely. Good to see stations collaborating like this as well.

drumandbasshead010
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin
Posts: 355
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:52 am

Re: Irish Band Scan

Post by drumandbasshead010 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:38 pm


dancemusicdj
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin
Posts: 355
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:48 pm

Re: Irish Band Scan

Post by dancemusicdj » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:02 pm

Nice one. How did you find it? I tried googling earlier and could find nothing. I presume you didn't come across anything for kiss 93.2?

drumandbasshead010
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin
Posts: 355
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:52 am

Re: Irish Band Scan

Post by drumandbasshead010 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:14 pm

dancemusicdj wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:02 pm
Nice one. How did you find it? I tried googling earlier and could find nothing. I presume you didn't come across anything for kiss 93.2?
Googled it myself at the beginning and found nothing either. Found their web address on their Facebook page. Listening to the stream it sounds like a decent station but they might want to turn down the modulation down a bit.
As for Kiss FM, as far as I'm aware they have no web presence.

dancemusicdj
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin
Posts: 355
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:48 pm

Re: Irish Band Scan

Post by dancemusicdj » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:25 pm

Yeah just listening to now fm now, levels were high for a bit but seem to be fine now.
Hopefully kiss fm will be on the web soon, from what bits availible they sound like a station that would be worth a listen.

drumandbasshead010
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin
Posts: 355
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:52 am

Re: Irish Band Scan

Post by drumandbasshead010 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:32 pm

dancemusicdj wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:25 pm
Yeah just listening to now fm now, levels were high for a bit but seem to be fine now.
Hopefully kiss fm will be on the web soon, from what bits availible they sound like a station that would be worth a listen.
Aye - Now must be reading the forum, mod was lowered the track after I posted.
Kiss FM, to give you an idea, is sort of a Now FM without DJ's. Mix of dance classics with ID's.

dancemusicdj
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin
Posts: 355
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:48 pm

Re: Irish Band Scan

Post by dancemusicdj » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:06 pm

Sounds good.

drumandbasshead010
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin
Posts: 355
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:52 am

Re: Irish Band Scan

Post by drumandbasshead010 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:44 pm

Do we have any evidence to prove Energy 103 are still on air, or if they were ever even on FM? I'm very rarely in Meath so can't check myself.

dancemusicdj
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin
Posts: 355
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:48 pm

Re: Irish Band Scan

Post by dancemusicdj » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:04 pm

It's owner is the only evidence. I'm satisfied that it is on, at least from time to time. It's also very low power.

drumandbasshead010
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin
Posts: 355
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:52 am

Re: Irish Band Scan

Post by drumandbasshead010 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:10 pm

dancemusicdj wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:04 pm
It's owner is the only evidence. I'm satisfied that it is on, at least from time to time. It's also very low power.
The owner is a decent witness alright! :)

Post Reply