Irish Band Scan

A place to discuss the latest on the airwaves across Ireland, history & everything in-between

Moderator: dancemusicdj

Post Reply
dancemusicdj
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin
Posts: 298
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:48 pm

Re: Irish Band Scan

Post by dancemusicdj » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:21 pm

drumandbasshead010 wrote:well must be off because not hearing anything on the stream you provide in any case
Yes correct as it's expired. I had forgotten i provided a url for it in the main post. Either way the fact is they are still on air in some form, so are probably off fm for now and may return so will remain on the list. I will edit the stream later.

drumandbasshead010
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin
Posts: 257
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:52 am

Re: Irish Band Scan

Post by drumandbasshead010 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:37 pm

what is the new stream link?

dancemusicdj
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin
Posts: 298
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:48 pm

Re: Irish Band Scan

Post by dancemusicdj » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:43 pm

drumandbasshead010 wrote:what is the new stream link?

I've said i would have the main post edited it later, my life doesn't revolve around this thread and pirate radio believe it or not.
Last edited by dancemusicdj on Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

drumandbasshead010
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin
Posts: 257
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:52 am

Re: Irish Band Scan

Post by drumandbasshead010 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:53 pm

dancemusicdj wrote:
drumandbasshead010 wrote:what is the new stream link?

I've said i would have the main post edited it later, my life doesn't revolve around this thread believe it or not.
allright bro chill I'm willing to bet there isn't a stream :smoke

dancemusicdj
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin
Posts: 298
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:48 pm

Re: Irish Band Scan

Post by dancemusicdj » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:58 pm

drumandbasshead010 wrote:
dancemusicdj wrote:
drumandbasshead010 wrote:what is the new stream link?

I've said i would have the main post edited it later, my life doesn't revolve around this thread believe it or not.
allright bro chill I'm willing to bet there isn't a stream :smoke
Yes they're is

http://109.77.18.167:8000/listen.pls

It will also be in the main post soon.

drumandbasshead010
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin
Posts: 257
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:52 am

Re: Irish Band Scan

Post by drumandbasshead010 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:20 pm

Update:
Play 87.8's specified stream and website are both now offline.
Hazard back on 106.5 in Mallow/north Cork area.
Vibe FM 87.7 is now relaying
https://www.internet-radio.com/station/energy106/

dancemusicdj
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin
Posts: 298
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:48 pm

Re: Irish Band Scan

Post by dancemusicdj » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:43 pm

drumandbasshead010 wrote:Update:
Play 87.8's specified stream and website are both now offline.
Hazard back on 106.5 in Mallow/north Cork area.
Vibe FM 87.7 is now relaying
https://www.internet-radio.com/station/energy106/
I'm all ready aware, will have it updated soon. Vibe fm are gone from what i can gather.

drumandbasshead010
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin
Posts: 257
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:52 am

Re: Irish Band Scan

Post by drumandbasshead010 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:50 pm

The station being relayed in Dublin as No.1FM on 105.7's stream can be found at:
http://www.surfmusic.de/radio-station/n ... 14547.html

drumandbasshead010
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin
Posts: 257
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:52 am

Re: Irish Band Scan

Post by drumandbasshead010 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:34 pm

Dublin:
Kiss are no longer on 99.1 and have moved to 105.7, No.1FM is still on that frequency but both signals are so weak there is no issue where bleeding and such is concerned, Kiss seem to be just tallaght area.
A station IDing as Soulcity are broadcasting on 1395KHz, though not sure if it's weekends only or 24/7 as i picked it up on Saturday.

drumandbasshead010
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin
Posts: 257
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:52 am

Re: Irish Band Scan

Post by drumandbasshead010 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:36 pm

Klub FM are definitely gone for good. More to be confirmed.

alfaeire
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:17 am

Re: Irish Band Scan

Post by alfaeire » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:22 pm

What happened to them?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk


drumandbasshead010
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin
Posts: 257
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:52 am

Re: Irish Band Scan

Post by drumandbasshead010 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:35 pm

Comreg were seen taking photographs of their studio or tx (I'm not sure) and the owner of the station, as far as I can see, took a scare. I don't think they had had any dealings with the authorities until now during their 4 years of broadcasting, despite having advertisements and a high powered signal. There were recent avents leading up to the authorities coming to their site, though, that might have attracted their attention. First of all Klub were running more adverts than ever. Also, they did a couple of outside broadcasts recently which is always risky. They were also taking a good portion of Red FM's listenership, the licensed youth station for Cork city and county. As was stated on boards.ie though, they were lucky to have lasted as long as they did without any known interference from the authorities, especially as they had a very strong signal, good imaging and an overall professional setup. Used to be able to pick them up here in Dungarvan. It was assumed they would return soon after the photos had been taken, maybe waiting a little while until the authorities were out of the area, but the owner, 4 days after the photos were taken, announced that the station under its current ownership had permanently ceased transmissions

dancemusicdj
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin
Posts: 298
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:48 pm

Re: Irish Band Scan

Post by dancemusicdj » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:20 pm

Is there any actual evidence they were taking listeners from red fm, or is it as i suspect, another bogus claim like supposibly how nonstop 90s in dublin were taking listenership from another station who nonstop 90s listeners wouldn't have ever listened to anyway?
It's hard to know whether an outside broadcast would be that risky tbh, the reality is the authorities do know who is on air regardless of whether a station would lead a high or low profile.
that said, kiss fm were hit back in 2008 the same night they did an outside from funderland, but i'd say that was probably a very unlucky coincidence though. I remember listening to them online as the comreg lads were raiding the studio and they played i faught the law before the online went off (bummer)

drumandbasshead010
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin
Posts: 257
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:52 am

Re: Irish Band Scan

Post by drumandbasshead010 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:54 pm

I could definitely see Klub FM's listeners listening to Red FM if Klub is not there (or any other similar pirates.) Klub played a lot of the same music as Red, even though Red's audience was obviously already catered for by Red itself. This is not quitte the same as the case of Nonstop 90's where the licensed stations had not much of a reason to complain as their music policies were completely different. Towards the end, there was no significant difference between Klub's and Red's music when Klub's automated system was on, it was only when Klub had a live DJ on (which was not very often during the last few months of broadcasting) that their music was different.
Although I am pretty sure the outside broadcast was not the soul reason for Klub FM being targeted, it surely did not help matters. There are plenty of reasons why the authorities could've closed Klub FM, whether it happened a month or years ago. Klub FM always had a high powered signal and I believe they made a fair profit from advertising revenue, surely that's plenty of reason for the authorities to close Klub down,, if the fact that they were a pirate wasn't enough of a reason?
Of course the authorities know where every station in the country is, it has always made me curious as to why they don't just do a 3-day run of the nation and shut every station down? I don't think there's a single FM pirate making a profit now, surely it would not be difficult for Comreg to rid the airwaves of all pirates within a month (that amount of time being given in case a station comes back quickly with new equipment). I guess it has something to do with the fact that there is no system in place which the pirates can use to apply for a license, so they only take down stations that are interfering with or taking listeners from lajit stations.

dancemusicdj
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin
Posts: 298
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:48 pm

Re: Irish Band Scan

Post by dancemusicdj » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:00 am

drumandbasshead010 wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:54 pm
I could definitely see Klub FM's listeners listening to Red FM if Klub is not there (or any other similar pirates.) Klub played a lot of the same music as Red, even though Red's audience was obviously already catered for by Red itself. This is not quitte the same as the case of Nonstop 90's where the licensed stations had not much of a reason to complain as their music policies were completely different. Towards the end, there was no significant difference between Klub's and Red's music when Klub's automated system was on, it was only when Klub had a live DJ on (which was not very often during the last few months of broadcasting) that their music was different.
I see. that's rather unfortunate as they could have possibly brought something different to the radio had they wanted to, but instead effectively replicated what was existing all ready. Granted it's their station and it's up to them what they play but i believe myself one should stay away from playing the same music that is all ready catered for elsewhere if setting up a pirate. okay, some overlap may happen from time to time. sometimes that simply can't be helped if you are focusing on a genre of music that the odd song may get played on the legals.
drumandbasshead010 wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:54 pm
Although I am pretty sure the outside broadcast was not the soul reason for Klub FM being targeted, it surely did not help matters. There are plenty of reasons why the authorities could've closed Klub FM, whether it happened a month or years ago. Klub FM always had a high powered signal and I believe they made a fair profit from advertising revenue, surely that's plenty of reason for the authorities to close Klub down,, if the fact that they were a pirate wasn't enough of a reason?
Oh absolutely. It could be for any reason.
drumandbasshead010 wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:54 pm
Of course the authorities know where every station in the country is, it has always made me curious as to why they don't just do a 3-day run of the nation and shut every station down? I don't think there's a single FM pirate making a profit now, surely it would not be difficult for Comreg to rid the airwaves of all pirates within a month (that amount of time being given in case a station comes back quickly with new equipment). I guess it has something to do with the fact that there is no system in place which the pirates can use to apply for a license, so they only take down stations that are interfering with or taking listeners from lajit stations.
Admittidly i have wondered that myself. they did it before back in 2003. Not that i would want it to happen, i remember 2003 and the drout for 2/3 days until kiss 94.4 came back on air all to well. Nothing to listen to and online radio wasn't so accessible in those days. I think the most likely reasons they don't do it is resources and funding. the government rightly can't justify spending money on what is essentially a non-issue. I would be surprised if profit even came into the pirate radio game now at this stage.

drumandbasshead010
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin
Posts: 257
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:52 am

Re: Irish Band Scan

Post by drumandbasshead010 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:58 pm

dancemusicdj wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:00 am
drumandbasshead010 wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:54 pm
I could definitely see Klub FM's listeners listening to Red FM if Klub is not there (or any other similar pirates.) Klub played a lot of the same music as Red, even though Red's audience was obviously already catered for by Red itself. This is not quitte the same as the case of Nonstop 90's where the licensed stations had not much of a reason to complain as their music policies were completely different. Towards the end, there was no significant difference between Klub's and Red's music when Klub's automated system was on, it was only when Klub had a live DJ on (which was not very often during the last few months of broadcasting) that their music was different.
I see. that's rather unfortunate as they could have possibly brought something different to the radio had they wanted to, but instead effectively replicated what was existing all ready. Granted it's their station and it's up to them what they play but i believe myself one should stay away from playing the same music that is all ready catered for elsewhere if setting up a pirate. okay, some overlap may happen from time to time. sometimes that simply can't be helped if you are focusing on a genre of music that the odd song may get played on the legals.
drumandbasshead010 wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:54 pm
Although I am pretty sure the outside broadcast was not the soul reason for Klub FM being targeted, it surely did not help matters. There are plenty of reasons why the authorities could've closed Klub FM, whether it happened a month or years ago. Klub FM always had a high powered signal and I believe they made a fair profit from advertising revenue, surely that's plenty of reason for the authorities to close Klub down,, if the fact that they were a pirate wasn't enough of a reason?
Oh absolutely. It could be for any reason.
drumandbasshead010 wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:54 pm
Of course the authorities know where every station in the country is, it has always made me curious as to why they don't just do a 3-day run of the nation and shut every station down? I don't think there's a single FM pirate making a profit now, surely it would not be difficult for Comreg to rid the airwaves of all pirates within a month (that amount of time being given in case a station comes back quickly with new equipment). I guess it has something to do with the fact that there is no system in place which the pirates can use to apply for a license, so they only take down stations that are interfering with or taking listeners from lajit stations.
Admittidly i have wondered that myself. they did it before back in 2003. Not that i would want it to happen, i remember 2003 and the drout for 2/3 days until kiss 94.4 came back on air all to well. Nothing to listen to and online radio wasn't so accessible in those days. I think the most likely reasons they don't do it is resources and funding. the government rightly can't justify spending money on what is essentially a non-issue. I would be surprised if profit even came into the pirate radio game now at this stage.
Very few pirates are making any money now, though there is one that I know of that use the station to advertise a music academy that is linked with the station which probably makes a fair bit of cash. Clever idea, as it's making them a few bob while not taking any revenue from lajit stations because, let's face it, that academy would not be likely to advertise on a licensed station anyway.
Yes Klub, towards the end, were pretty similar to Red, but it had not always been the case. I had a slot for the station at one point when the music policy was more dance-and-r&b orientated rather than the chart station it eventually became. They also had a fair few ex-Kiss and Galaxy FM DJ's when they were in their prime. DJ's became ewer and fewer towards the end though and I could see the end coming even before the authorities came along, although they obviously tried to pick things back up with their outside broadcasts.
As regards to the authorities closing all the pirates, yes it happened in 1988 and 2003 (Black Tuesday.) Most likely anyone posting publically on this forum does not want something like that to happen, it's just rather strange that they don't conduct a similar mission now when there are far fewer pirates than there were back then. I've heard of Comreg taking stations down within 2 to 3 hours on very rare occasions over the last 4 years or so: One station decided to test their broadcasting equipment on either 107.9 or 108.0, and the authorities were at his site within 3 hours because he was interfering with some traffic system in Baldonnel Airport. The other case I heard of, was apparently of some guy who came on in west Dublin making anti-islam rants.
It has been said that most of Comreg's raids are conducted towards the end of the year when they become panicked because they need to justify the funding they get for the next year. I believe this could've been the reason why Rince got hit, though it could've also been a method they were using to get 90's off the air quicker. Who knows?

dancemusicdj
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin
Posts: 298
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:48 pm

Re: Irish Band Scan

Post by dancemusicdj » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:57 pm

Rince got hit by mistake as comreg thought it was 90's site from what i understand. They were actually going for 90s that day and got someone else. Rince are now offline as well so i assume they have shut up shop which is a shame really.

drumandbasshead010
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin
Posts: 257
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:52 am

Re: Irish Band Scan

Post by drumandbasshead010 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:21 pm

dancemusicdj wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:57 pm
Rince got hit by mistake as comreg thought it was 90's site from what i understand. They were actually going for 90s that day and got someone else. Rince are now offline as well so i assume they have shut up shop which is a shame really.

It's apparently so easy now to detect/find stations now that Comreg raided the wrong site? That's hilarious.

dancemusicdj
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin
Posts: 298
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:48 pm

Re: Irish Band Scan

Post by dancemusicdj » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:06 pm

drumandbasshead010 wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:21 pm
dancemusicdj wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:57 pm
Rince got hit by mistake as comreg thought it was 90's site from what i understand. They were actually going for 90s that day and got someone else. Rince are now offline as well so i assume they have shut up shop which is a shame really.

It's apparently so easy now to detect/find stations now that Comreg raided the wrong site? That's hilarious.
Indeed.

drumandbasshead010
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin
Posts: 257
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:52 am

Re: Irish Band Scan

Post by drumandbasshead010 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:53 pm

I personally think no matter what licenses the BAI offer/advertise dance music belongs to the pirates. Look at Spin1038 for example. Weren't they given what was called the 'dance' license? Look at them now, just another youth station like Beat, iRadio etc. Any attempt the BAI make to give out a dance license will end up nowhere because most likely the station will be forced to play all commercial dance and completely ignore the underground styles, or become another youth station like Spin did.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest