Even more less choice on FM as Juece FM 107.6 in Liverpool IS TO become Crapital

Discuss UK FM/DAB/AM/SW licensed stations here.
McDonalds
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Even more less choice on FM as Juece FM 107.6 in Liverpool IS TO become Crapital

Post by McDonalds » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:12 pm

Just heard Even more less choice on FM as Juece FM 107.6 in Liverpool IS TO become Crapital.
There already loads Crapital FM on the band round there now yet another station is to die.
Is not really worth having an FM tuner any more? :rip

dancemusicdj
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Re: Even more less choice on FM as Juece FM 107.6 in Liverpool IS TO become Crapital

Post by dancemusicdj » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:18 pm

saw this a while back. what a shame indeed. the friday night dance show at least can be an all right listen. maybe a split in the capital licence with the 2 frequencies (which i think is from north wales) would allow capital extra to be put on one of those frequencies. not great but better then capital itself. the amount of frequencies taken up by heart and capital is beyond a joke TBH (mind you the fact they are on air in the first place is a joke) . if those stations couldn't work as stand alone or regional then they should have been let die. mind you its much easier to try destroy the bbc rather then actually regulate the commercial sector

McDonalds
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Re: Even more less choice on FM as Juece FM 107.6 in Liverpool IS TO become Crapital

Post by McDonalds » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:08 pm

YES having Crapital Extra on 107.6 would be better than just plan Crapital at least the music will be different to the others.
Like in London.

radionortheast
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by radionortheast » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:36 pm

Juice/crash fm was a good station indie type student type station, used to listen to in west yorkshire dispite it been only 100 watts from the liverpool cathedral, the band was clear back then, it was further enough back from the pennines to get over the top. There is still siren fm lincoln if its still going (maybe availble online) it was knocked off its fm frequency long time ago here by asian fever 107.3 :? find it really odd why there was never a simliar station in Leeds. seem to just forfilling the asian communities instead of the others not been racist or anything.

teckniqs
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by teckniqs » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:27 pm

Yeah I could get it clear at my house when I lived in Manchester but I think the power was more like 300 or 400w ERP when I tried.

radionortheast
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by radionortheast » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:41 pm

problay is more, going by what I used to read in radio listeners guide, which could be confusing. I heard a pirate once or twice from Liverpool called Laser uk, think it was high power 500w

sound fm that seemed like an alirght station never heard it on fm thought, think that was from manchester. Going back to licenced radio, deffinately made more of an efort in the 90’s, aswell as crash/juice there was vibe fm from the east of england, which could be alright sometimes, better than kiss. If you listen to original test transmission of kiss 105, you will find a whole lot more diversity in that than the stations that came after galaxy then capital. Boy geogre was djing on kiss during the middle of the day, don’t think you’d ever hear that now.

dancemusicdj
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by dancemusicdj » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:19 pm

have heard a couple of clips from vibe and kiss 102 in the early years. i would go further and say they were actually decent. even the more commercial stuff they played was a lot better then the dross that is licenced radio these days. i just find it hard to understand why dance music isn't financially viable commercially for a radio station, it has a big industry behind it when you look at it. i know there is the problem that advertisers apparently don't wish to advertise on such a station but i can't see why they wouldn't. even dance music fans will be buying at some stage a lot of what is advertised on the current licenced stations anyway.

radionortheast
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by radionortheast » Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:41 pm

yup its all about profit, they where trying emulate pirate, they put kiss on air to try and quash them, now the internets come along don’t think they’ll bother, they did try and put some different stations on DAB at the start now think theres a feeling now if someone wants something different they can get on the internet, thats another reason why we won’t hear anything like it again.

dancemusicdj
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by dancemusicdj » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:22 pm

juice finished at 4 today. in transition mode to capital now. they went out with barely a whimper