Newcastle/Middlesbrough Pirates?

For discussion of all stations in the UK that are outside of London.
Sparki
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Newcastle/Middlesbrough Pirates?

Post by Sparki » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:42 pm

As said in a different post on a thread I recently went to the North East for a rave. Whilst staying with my friends I didnt scan for any pirates as I forgot, I'm just wondering is there anything on up there at the moment? I did ask if there was in Boro and they said there was some donk station on once years ago but nothing new since. Anyone up there confirm what it was or if any are on now? I'll be going back up there in 2016 so keep me posted.

radionortheast
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Re: Newcastle/Middlesbrough Pirates?

Post by radionortheast » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:01 pm

there was meant to be station up there called infinity afew years ago, think they tried to sell their transmitter to guy in billingham. There used to someone there who did afew test broadcasts with cz transmitter, he would relay stations, he mostly did it using the telescopic whip.

Sparki
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by Sparki » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:51 pm

radionortheast wrote:there was meant to be station up there called infinity afew years ago, think they tried to sell their transmitter to guy in billingham. There used to someone there who did afew test broadcasts with cz transmitter, he would relay stations, he mostly did it using the telescopic whip.
So no regular pirates as such then? shame really, its kinda the same where I am in Kent we have nothing at all. One or two have come and gone but nothing permanent and I actually do miss scanning the dial for a fuzzy pirate. Next time I am up in Boro and Newcastle I will have a scan around if I get the time and will report back what I found.

radionortheast
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by radionortheast » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:27 pm

ok cool! :D maybe you could get alittle transmitter and have a go!, if theres no pirates or rsls, don't see why it should cause a problem as long as its low power.