Pirate in Dewsbury

For discussion of all stations in the UK that are outside of London.
Lick88fm
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Re: Pirate in Dewsbury

Post by Lick88fm » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:31 am

House radio ? .. i can hear that . Not mega clear in house but im using mobile fm iv got yah

Uksoundz
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by Uksoundz » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:32 am

Lick88fm wrote:House radio ? .. i can hear that . Not mega clear in house but im using mobile fm iv got yah
bounce radio :lol:

Lick88fm
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by Lick88fm » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:39 am

Its just gone off

radionortheast
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by radionortheast » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:43 am

missed it, you'll have to put it on another time :)

he was lucky to get my signal in crigglestone, don't think you'd get anything driving around, except on high ground. I don't have car, but I know auto seek tuning only works a mile away, I used to listen to my signal sometimes over in walton country park, was back in the old days, interesting to know it could be still heard over there weakly.

SWR is better on my aerial at 99mhz, it is 2.5 at 87.5 same at the opposite end of the band seems to work ok, was thinking of doing another test higher up the band on 100.0 for instance, did a test not so long ago, still broke up a mile north, tends to get interfered with more.

Uksoundz
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by Uksoundz » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:49 am

radionortheast wrote:missed it, you'll have to put it on another time :)

he was lucky to get my signal in crigglestone, don't think you'd get anything driving around, except on high ground. I don't have car, but I know auto seek tuning only works a mile away, I used to listen to my signal sometimes over in walton country park, was back in the old days, interesting to know it could be still heard over there weakly.

SWR is better on my aerial at 99mhz, it is 2.5 at 87.5 same at the opposite end of the band seems to work ok, was thinking of doing another test higher up the band on 100.0 for instance, did a test not so long ago, still broke up a mile north, tends to get interfered with more.
You need to tune your antenna for best SWR, you're losing power!!

Are you just using a receiving dipole? These (IIRC) are tuned for around the middle of the band 98mhz, for effective reception of the whole band!

You can buy dipoles for £30 off eBay and they'll tune the elements to the correct frequency for you too.

radionortheast
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by radionortheast » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:17 am

unforunately I can't tune it since its folded, its out in the open anything is better than nothing!, I could put a dipole up but it would be coming from the loft.

Uksoundz
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by Uksoundz » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:25 am

OK, you should find SWR should be better toward the middle of the band as you say, plus try making a choke balun (few coils of coax around a toilet paper tube or something similar, that might help prevent the coax radiating somewhat.

teckniqs
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by teckniqs » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:09 am

I used a Jay beam folded dipole a few years ago and compared it to a standard dipole pre-cut to frequency and the standard dipole outperformed it very highly, naturally!
My favourite is the gamma match which gives you a total 50ohm match to your transmitter and is pre-cut and matched resonant to your frequency but requires a bit more tuning to get it correctly matched.
A folded dipole is only good for RSL's sling up with engineers who don't know how to set up an aerial.

radionortheast
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by radionortheast » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:34 pm

Uksoundz wrote:OK, you should find SWR should be better toward the middle of the band as you say, plus try making a choke balun (few coils of coax around a toilet paper tube or something similar, that might help prevent the coax radiating somewhat.
Some power is been lost but I don’t think its as bad as you think, :mrgreen: i’ve already experimented in the past using different lenghts of co-ax, the lenght of i’m using right now I get multpath distortation on my radio next to the transmitter, so I don't think its all bad. I have tried 2 25cm coils in the past, i might try smaller coils if there is enough cable, may risk detuning it thought.
teckniqs wrote:I used a Jay beam folded dipole a few years ago and compared it to a standard dipole pre-cut to frequency and the standard dipole outperformed it very highly, naturally!
My favourite is the gamma match which gives you a total 50ohm match to your transmitter and is pre-cut and matched resonant to your frequency but requires a bit more tuning to get it correctly matched.
A folded dipole is only good for RSL's sling up with engineers who don't know how to set up an aerial.
We may have to agree to dissagree, I think folded dipoles are very good just as someone once said they aren’t wide band aerials, this one isn’t reasonant down there. I got it because I had very good results with one in the past, it was a halo (don’t laugh!) this one isn’t btw, it was how the first time I heard my signal beyond afew 100 meters, when I was testing my first stereo transmitter which was problaly only doing just over half a watt, it was heard by another guy with good reception, who was listening throught the same aerial 6 miles away.

I've tried making those aerials you talk about but found it impossible!, I just about make a quarter wave with those radials, it did the same as a dipole, nearly poked my eye out or fell down in the night. :lol:

pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by pirateaddict » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:46 pm

Wahey...Finally managed to join the group after two or three attempts last night, not very good with the internet on me phone..Anyways, hello uksounds, lick88 and northeast pirate.. I tuned in to the bounce 91.8 and was getting a test tone down in the 87's last neet...Lick 88 are you staying there or moving coz we have a crappy pirate in sheff called bounce 88 and they come on a couple of days a week but just over mod and is a week signal to say the least..I would be very happened if could pick you up instead of that joke in sheff. .....?

Lick88fm
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by Lick88fm » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:33 pm

yea but we are sticking to just the weekend when the new transmitter comes . for now ;)

pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by pirateaddict » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:52 pm

Ok mate...It's 30 your new one innit so should over ride that bobar in Sheffield then, hopefully. ..I've gone an put ne aerial on four lengths of wood pmsfl so I should be able to pick it a bit better. ..Failing that there's always the stream ..If ya want any signal feedback I would be happy to help! All the best. ..

pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by pirateaddict » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:53 pm

I wish I could see what I'm writing through this cracked screen...

Lick88fm
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by Lick88fm » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:20 pm

yea clear history .. we are updating website give it a clear new one should load up tell me what you all think .. just a template of themeforest but keeps price low

Uksoundz
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by Uksoundz » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:32 pm

Lick88fm wrote:yea clear history .. we are updating website give it a clear new one should load up tell me what you all think .. just a template of themeforest but keeps price low
New website looks the business, but Mark Smart has a long shift on Sunday!! 9am till midnight. 15 hour shift lol :o :o :o :shock:

Lick88fm
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by Lick88fm » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:52 pm

haha cheers m8 lol its a typo . iv fully updated site now .. fully finished

radionortheast
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by radionortheast » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:20 am

pirateaddict wrote:Wahey...Finally managed to join the group after two or three attempts last night, not very good with the internet on me phone..Anyways, hello uksounds, lick88 and northeast pirate.. I tuned in to the bounce 91.8 and was getting a test tone down in the 87's last neet...Lick 88 are you staying there or moving coz we have a crappy pirate in sheff called bounce 88 and they come on a couple of days a week but just over mod and is a week signal to say the least..I would be very happened if could pick you up instead of that joke in sheff. .....?
cool welcome! so are you down in Sheffield? I heard bounce fm sheffield but it was over 10 years ago, i’ve never heard a sheffield pirate from here.

I wasn’t on last night but sunday, it was low deep test tone, then switched music later on. I see emley moor and homemoss beyond it so I don’t see why a signal shouldn’t come up on one of those hills

i’ve not heard lick or unsoundz so far, i’m guessing we don’t have line of sight, its funny because I hear leeds, bradford, huddersfield, I may have plug the aerial in my main set here, usually listen on my little radio, the only station I don’t hear on it is unique fm huddersfield.

Lick88fm
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by Lick88fm » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:25 am

We are only duin friday to sunday now .. got new rig on way give us a try in a couple of week should get us good then :)

pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by pirateaddict » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:26 pm

Hiya radionortheast..Sorry got ya name wrong before. ..I can usually pick up leeds based radio..used to pick up freq 88.1& 90.4 pretty well till north mole took it off. .Where I am I've got bbc tees and tfm and with some lift bbc Newcastle. ..Yeah bounce fm in sheff been on and off since around 2000 and has always been the same audio with no limiter never mind compression so over modulates very badly, I even messaged them ont book of faces but to no avail..They been in the radio business a long coz the dj that runs bounce used to have something to do with SCR back int day!

pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by pirateaddict » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:27 pm

Lick 88 I shall look forward to listening in...