Pirate in Dewsbury

For discussion of all stations in the UK that are outside of London.
pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Re: Pirate in Dewsbury

Post by pirateaddict » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:31 pm

Oh ah...Used to pick up passion solid up until a couple of months ago...They probably moved their box coz I had it solid for ages- months from not long after crimbo...Passion is a very good station and audio is quality. ..:-D

radionortheast
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by radionortheast » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:37 pm

Lick88fm wrote:We are only duin friday to sunday now .. got new rig on way give us a try in a couple of week should get us good then :)
I shall try to plug the aerial in over the weekend then, taking a walk in some woods where I live, thought I head uksoundz, thought he was playing fancy, but then an irish voice came over the top and I was listening to RTE fm!.
pirateaddict wrote:Hiya radionortheast..Sorry got ya name wrong before. ..I can usually pick up leeds based radio..used to pick up freq 88.1& 90.4 pretty well till north mole took it off. .Where I am I've got bbc tees and tfm and with some lift bbc Newcastle. ..Yeah bounce fm in sheff been on and off since around 2000 and has always been the same audio with no limiter never mind compression so over modulates very badly, I even messaged them ont book of faces but to no avail..They been in the radio business a long coz the dj that runs bounce used to have something to do with SCR back int day!
Hi! its ok it wasn't like an intentional mispronunciation. That problaly explains it, I can hear Newcastle most of the time here dosen’t take much for it to come up. usally take the bass out abit, I really don’t like over deviation, transmiiter is silghtly off frequency, i’m sure the makers actually know, dosen’t seem to effect the signal that much. I messed with the old one, took out some of the surface mount capacitors put sockets in so I could try different values, nothing wrong with it, it just looks amess.

seems like yesaday scr went off air, wish I would of saved all those junk audio tapes now, all of those sheffield pirates would come up really well in west yorkshire, they where cool and funny and had a personailty which is sadly missed. I tried to find a simliar station online, looked up some of the DJ’s couldn’t find anything, theres no bringing back the past. :) when I saw this thread it did make me feel abit excited, sorry to lick fm if i've kind of hijacked this. :D

pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by pirateaddict » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:23 pm

Yes at radionortheast them wer't days...I have a few tapes left off the sheff pirates, i just cannot part with them...There are some on the tube..Search scr, fantasy, pitch fm and there's one of mine someone uploaded of asterix n space..I live where most of em tx'd from but as you may know the tower blocks went in the late nineties...That really was the end of 24/7 broadcasting in Sheffield. Such a shame really. .:-(

Lick88fm
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by Lick88fm » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:55 pm

signal test 88.0 please .. wakefield / crig area

pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by pirateaddict » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:42 pm

In sheff can't hear owt...Would I be able to? Mind you only just seen it...

Lick88fm
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by Lick88fm » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:55 pm

Not Sheffield m8 , looging more wakefield way barnsley denby dale areas

pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by pirateaddict » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:13 pm

Just ripped me dipole down coz it weren't doin it for me and put up some twin flex both same length and getting 88 now but not clearly. ..But will sort it out tomz coz it's a bit too dark at the mo....I shall cut some to length at the freq of 88..got the formula on me fone....

pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by pirateaddict » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:14 pm

Not bad though mate if not targeting sheff!...;-)

Lick88fm
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by Lick88fm » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:42 pm

if your getting me now in 3 week when new transmitter comes ill get more hight on antenna might get me good then haha :)

Lick88fm
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by Lick88fm » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:50 pm

your 26 mile away from me lmao not bad at all lol

Uksoundz
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by Uksoundz » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:54 pm

By jove thats some going!!! Wakey to Sheff??

pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by pirateaddict » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:47 pm

It is innit....Yep a bit more height and there will be distances covered...I think where I live is 250-300 meters asl...but that isn't the highest point in Sheffield by far...I bet ya feeling or8 now knowing ya going that far..on 15 innit? I don't know about you lick88 but i can't wait for ya to get ya new one..it'll make chuffin lovely change havin sumat worth tuning into..Top man..

Lick88fm
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by Lick88fm » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:00 am

Booom on a 15 watt watch this space when new one comes .. .. turning rig off now back on all weekend given that the internet dont go down again

radionortheast
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by radionortheast » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:33 pm

plugged in the aerial on my main set, getting r and b mix on 88.0 stereo just before 6 o clock, now switched to dance, lot of noise on stereo, signal is ok. Stereo has gone off now, its nearly fully quieting here, when real radio fades back, playing some decent music aswell.

Really faint on my little radio at the front of the house, just got id it is lick fm

pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by pirateaddict » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:45 pm

Got it but not very clear..sounding ok though...Big up the lick88 crew.

Lick88fm
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by Lick88fm » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:56 pm

i have been messing around moving antennna around lmao .. its not fully on till tmorrow iv just been testing it today .. been getting swr of 2.5 so need to clean antenna and mess around with it get it back to .1.0 think antenna is fucked

Lick88fm
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by Lick88fm » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:02 pm

UPDATE* had nothing but issues with my dipole .. seems the solders have come loose so there is no real connection .. going to keep of the air until everything comes .. coming on and off FM is just making me look very shit and will give station a bad name .. got allot of new stuff ordered including a mic .. dipole transnmitter wach this space

pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by pirateaddict » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:36 am

Will keep me tabs open...Probably the best idea to sort it out I suppose as if swr isn't at a minimum it could cause interference and bring unwanted attention and all that...Saying that Radio 1 is emitting spurious signals on 100.1-2 where I live and rad2and rad Sheffield on 87.5..Only they pay to be on air so it's alreyt for them..lol..

teckniqs
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by teckniqs » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:47 am

87.5 is not a licensed frequency in the UK and will not be used by a legitimate station.

pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by pirateaddict » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:28 pm

Or8 techniqs...I didn't know that. ..I was just saying that I can pick those stations up on that freq because of spurious signals..Is that right or am I off the mark? ? I don't have much knowledge of these things and I know that you will!