Radio Workshop - who?

Everything technical about radio can be discussed here, whether it's transmitting or receiving. Guides, charts, diagrams, etc. are all welcome.
drumandbasshead010
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Radio Workshop - who?

Post by drumandbasshead010 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:32 am

Anyone familiar with him? A YouTuber who uploads himself telling all sorts of anicdotes about the early days of pirate radio and states what he apparently "observed" but had no involvement with - well I guess he's sensible to be cautious! :lol at any rate, anyone know who he is and his background in radio? I thought he did at some point referencing that his name was Albert, though I'll be quite surprised if it's Al H here ! Anyone know anything about him?

yellowbeard
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Re: Radio Workshop - who?

Post by yellowbeard » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:11 am

That's not Albert - I met him once 20 years ago, he has a build like a racing snake. I bet he has more modern bits o gear to pose in front of too... :mrgreen:

radionortheast
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by radionortheast » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:48 am

thats ray hes rather cool, think you must of seen the video that brough most people to his channel about dab encouraging pirate radio. His videos about pirate radio are mostly about mw pirates, their abit like what you would read in an electronics magazine afew years ago, practical wireless, he mostly restores radios in his radio workshop.

drumandbasshead010
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by drumandbasshead010 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:45 pm

I've watched a number of his videos. Quite interesting.