108.0 Sheffield..

For discussion of all stations in the UK that are outside of London.
pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

108.0 Sheffield..

Post by pirateaddict » Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:29 pm

Picking up some dance music.. Don't know what language it is though... Maybe Asian.. In mono anyway and may not even be Sheffield based coz i lose it when i move the aerial away from the wall at the back of the house north facing...

radionortheast
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Re: 108.0 Sheffield..

Post by radionortheast » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:02 pm

could be radio sagam from huddersfield it has massively wide audio, gose up on to 108, or it could be taxi cabs, they regularly play music with their little transmitters on that frequency or it could be something else

pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by pirateaddict » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:56 pm

Or8 @radionortheast.. I don't know if it was sangam or not but it was locked at 108. If it was sangam then that is naughty coz they're legal aren't they.. By the way mate.. I read you purchased a pcs box..Have you tried it out yet?

radionortheast
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by radionortheast » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:48 pm

hmm yeah forgot they put a bnc connector i was waiting for the bnc to f socket connector, also the case taken ages put it inside, (most of the week) picked case that looked the coolest problaly not the most practical, may see if I have some metal lieing around, but there is large long heatsink on it, imagine it could problaly do about 5 or 6w quite happyly..the other thing is it gose into a demo mode diplay all the different things i’ve yet to look at manual really understand it..waiting for phono jacks, for some reason they put one on the front.

I may well beable to test tomorrow, my other transmitter the 3w I use i’m able to match the output section have ic sockets use different values of capacitor, what that means if i’ve able to get an ok signal into aerials which are abit wonky aren’t matched for the frequency, i will be abit more careful with this at first. I will beable to see directly the signal strenght on my scanner, i will beable to conpare it with the 3w..

it is better quailty than the newer 3w boards i’ve got i’ve checked its bang on frequency with no sound of instability runing audio throught audio was set to low had to turn it up it sounds pretty good i've got no break up on the weak transmission..who knows maybe john faulkner will pick this up it may go 2 feet..i’ve decided to forget the phono jacks just put a 3.5mm jack since the 3w ones are all that way…hopefully there won't be any problems with the audio, i experience so many problems with transmitters with audio the bass, i've done the usual thing put 1uf caps before left and right audio channels :D

next will problaly test the output... :mrgreen:
weetx.jpg