Radio 2 Yorkshire.

Discuss UK FM/DAB/AM/SW licensed stations here.
pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Radio 2 Yorkshire.

Post by pirateaddict » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:21 am

The same as radio 1 the other night. With dodgy noisy carrier, stereo light still on..What's happening man...I bet it's BBC engineering upgrading or something.. Just as I type it's back to normz..

radionortheast
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Re: Radio 2 Yorkshire.

Post by radionortheast » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:17 am

problaly equipment reaching the end of its life span, at least thats what I heard a while ago, problaly becomes to financially unviable to upgrade equipment so they leave the old stuff going! they switch off the am stuff so they don’t have that problem, just guessing stuff has been going since the 80’s, i kind of miss radio 1/2 on am steve right had a dull tone to it. :D

pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by pirateaddict » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:10 pm

Yeah I remember the days of radio one 1089kHz..And used to listen to Steve Wright sometimes after school..I remember Steve interviewing Michael Palin around 88, talking about monty python days.. Twas somewhat hilarious if i recall correctly... Albert H has commented about radio one after switching to fm in area's they were still using the am feed for the fm..He said it sounded awful, but it's what i grew up listening to and thought it sounded great tbh..But I'm yet to play any old 1 fm tapes through my equipment i have now so maybe I'll notice just how crap it were.. We shall see..

bristolpirates
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by bristolpirates » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:09 pm

pirateaddict wrote:Yeah I remember the days of radio one 1089kHz..And used to listen to Steve Wright sometimes after school..I remember Steve interviewing Michael Palin around 88, talking about monty python days.. Twas somewhat hilarious if i recall correctly... Albert H has commented about radio one after switching to fm in area's they were still using the am feed for the fm..He said it sounded awful, but it's what i grew up listening to and thought it sounded great tbh..But I'm yet to play any old 1 fm tapes through my equipment i have now so maybe I'll notice just how crap it were.. We shall see..
I think Albert specifically meant when they first put Radio 1 on 104.8 in London.

pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by pirateaddict » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:34 pm

OK Bristolpirates.. Yeah i have a tendency to mix information up in me brain sometimes (aspergers).
I remember a friend telling me radio one were on fm in London and i rather full of expectancy tried to tune in to it with an old TV yagi pmsfl.. I used to record the charts off of 1089am until I found radio one on the fm on radio two's frequency. I was so pissed off about having four or five tapes full of am recordings when the fm relay had always been there..I miss being young n daft.