just another blank carrier 87.5 monday!

For discussion of all stations in the UK that are outside of London.
radionortheast
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

just another blank carrier 87.5 monday!

Post by radionortheast » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:15 am

i’ve been holding off posting this because know there might be another station there i’ve waiting for the pm, sorry if it is you!

On monday I heard a blank carrier on high ground at garforth cliff on 87.5, also round the back of temple newsham (no sign of lady mary :lol: ), in swillington again on high ground, it was going fairly quiet, but hardly there back at my house,maybe coming from the south/south west whoevers doing it needs to put some musics on I might get it back at my house then. I've got nothing but static on my out door aerial, had something weak in my local area.

(i don't know if who evers doing it still on air thought it was interesting :D )

pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Re: just another blank carrier 87.5 monday!

Post by pirateaddict » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:15 pm

I had a pm a couple of weeks ago asking to listen out on that frequency but didn't see the message while after the weekend as I don't always log in on here..Strange indeed..I'm thinking it may have been the bloke who was on 88 last year, can't remember the name now I've come to post.lol..

pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by pirateaddict » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:16 pm

He was asking if anyone had a rig for sale in the sale section..

radionortheast
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by radionortheast » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:36 pm

yup I didn’t see it until it had stopped either, you have to change the settings to get nofified by email of a new pm, I mostly browse I wouldn’t see it, much easyer if he came and posted about it, then he could always change the frequency afterwards I guess. :D

I managed to get it clearer won’t say where and its still blank, i’m famliar with some the places its been heard which makes it a weird one, I can’t detect its on at all back at home, must have line of sight of the same places, can’t be round here..

pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by pirateaddict » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:09 pm

I'm getting something right now just blank stereo carrier.. There's a pop pop pop in the background.. Is this what you here? @radionortheast

radionortheast
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by radionortheast » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:11 am

I can’t tell its in stereo i’ve just been using car radios, it problaly will be it! i got something weird when turned off frequency a weird hiss guess it could be in stereo, its just blank all the time. maybe its like you say blaze radio back think he said he couldn’t find places to transmit from, pitty unsoundz isn't about isn't he wakefield based?

pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by pirateaddict » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:08 pm

Yeah @uksounds where are you??
It must be well north from me and if so it will be high ground.. 15 watts... Not doing bad.

pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by pirateaddict » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:47 pm

It's off now..wha gwarn with these silent stations? I know you have to test n that but, what's happening? @Radio4uFm.... Is it you? :tup

Uksoundz
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by Uksoundz » Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:10 am

I'm here!! Haha probably off now but I'll check tomorrow folks!

Remember to check this forum more often!

radionortheast
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by radionortheast » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:35 am

didn’t there used to be someone called the silent 1? used to hear the advert

pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by pirateaddict » Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:49 pm

I suspect the 87.5 i was hearing was what used to be on 88.. Bounce... I heard a bit of audio just before it vanished and it did sound like a shit rig tbh..If it is Bounce, get a new rig, compressor and limiter/stereo tool..please? You will just keep blowing the stereo encoders and other things that I know nothing about.. Think SCR 's audio from back int day...just trying to help you sound good!

radionortheast
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by radionortheast » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:20 am

I was just thinking it could of been bounce or someones mini tx you where hearing, I often get them here. I confirm it was still going yesaday, the guy said he would leave it on as much as possible if its him. :tup

i’m guessing it can’t be on the way to sheffield then? i was guessing it was down wakefield way, know you can see to leeds from sheffield you might get it weak like me. It dose make me wonder things like bounce and the poor signals of pirates, whats going on today, when a 3w on a miss matched crappy folded dipole can reach sheffield, but yet you can't hear these 15w transmitters, maybe i will hear bounce one day.

pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by pirateaddict » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:07 pm

Bored with it now....Radio4uFM if you are coming on, then come on! Don't inbox me and then not return my messages.. Loooooong! Got things to do..good luck with ya i-trip anyway..

pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by pirateaddict » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:16 pm

Someone just been trying their luck on 108 bout ten mins ago..Sounds like the same problems that 87.5 are having.. Maybe the same people Mmm! Go n buy a new rig from pcs electronics 400 niks for 60 watt... Bluetooth ready to pair is all I keep hearing at the moment.. Ooh, music...wow...yep same people as bounce...

radionortheast
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by radionortheast » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:40 pm

nothing here,actually someone once exstended therange of their bluetooth using a tin can over a lake sure remember seeing the video on youtube knowing how to bus as radioneck used to say :lol: !.

Anyway someone is playing music on 88 Mhz basslines speed garage i'm not good with styles the guy just swore guess its after 9pm :D

pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by pirateaddict » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:25 pm

Or8 @radionortheast.. I can't get that on 88 damn! All I'm getting is radio club Asia at the moment in that area of the dial..

pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by pirateaddict » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:47 pm

Oops I can hear 88... Not clear but OK..

bristolpirates
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by bristolpirates » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:38 am

The 'bluetooth ready' thing is probably an iTrip, a boosted iTrip, or a newish Chinese rig with bluetooth capability (do they exist?). There was something similar being picked up in Congleton the other week by Tim on the Skywaves forum.

radionortheast
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by radionortheast » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:11 am

88.0 was in the clear here, guessing it must be blaze, did’t hear anything on my tiny radio or aerial lower down

had something weird on saturday on a car radio tuned to 87.55 heard talking, it was near aberford where it came in clearest, don’t think it could be image because when i mess around with tuners they usually appear bang on frequency like 94.7 and 92.8 for instance. thought it could be a transmitter from another car but there wheren’t any around it came went until we got home where it was weak..

I don’t think it could be image of radio 4, because we where behide a hill going away from holme moss, if it was it would be as clear back at home. This all started on friday night when heard weak talking on 87.55 at home, I chooned to radio 4 on my little radio using headphones then turned the audio up on my hifi, weirdly the audio seemed to match radio 4.. this dosen’t make sense!

heard it again on sunday, fairy weak in cas never as clear as aberford, it dose seem to come out of the noise when high up, i got 88 there, weak fluttery signal of radio caroline, i consider places like cas have better reception than here, but 88 signal came in on a car radio down the street.. don’t know if the carrier on 87.5 was on, i know its still been on, didn’t hear much round n featherstone, pontefract I was too busy tuning to the other signals.

o_blackburn
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by o_blackburn » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:31 pm

Hi

First time post here, I too have heard BBC R4 on 87.55. I first discovered it on top of Woolley Edge a few months ago using my degen 1103, and my mate in Barnsley can also hear it on his setup (Sony SB920/vertical dipole). The culprit is the Woolmoor transmitter (94.4) in North Yorkshire. It has drifted in the past from about 87.45 to 87.65ish, and also there is a signal present around 101.2 to 101.4. Driving up the A1 from Harrogate to Catterick it was fully quietning on these frequencies and even came up RDS on about 87.6ish!

Regards