whats this pirate in sheffield 106.8

For discussion of all stations in the UK that are outside of London.
drumandbasshead010
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Re: whats this pirate in sheffield 106.8

Post by drumandbasshead010 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:48 pm

Rather reminds me of a station that's been broadcasting since the early 2000's here in Ireland. It was started by a group of teenagers bout 15-16 years ago and had a decent enough following in the area, until it closed about a year or so later. It's been on and off under various guises since,being run by the founder who kept it going, but its playlist is as random as the station you talk of here. It's always an interesting listen. It can range from bouncy house to rock, Roger Sanchez podcasts to afrobeat. Plays what he wants, basically. No on air ID's or anything but it has a RDS of 'Flirt FM' and broadcasts on 106.6 (or is it 7 now)? across a good portion of Ireland.

radionortheast
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by radionortheast » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:23 am

there where some broadcasts of an internet station in sheffield about 10 years ago, something internet stations do promote themselfs, I think it stopped, good to know theres something still going on down there, I won’t hearing it on that frequency

piratemanuk
ne guy
ne guy

Post by piratemanuk » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:28 pm

drumandbasshead010 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:48 pm Rather reminds me of a station that's been broadcasting since the early 2000's here in Ireland. It was started by a group of teenagers bout 15-16 years ago and had a decent enough following in the area, until it closed about a year or so later. It's been on and off under various guises since,being run by the founder who kept it going, but its playlist is as random as the station you talk of here. It's always an interesting listen. It can range from bouncy house to rock, Roger Sanchez podcasts to afrobeat. Plays what he wants, basically. No on air ID's or anything but it has a RDS of 'Flirt FM' and broadcasts on 106.6 (or is it 7 now)? across a good portion of Ireland.
Would this be the same Flirt FM as shown in this YouTube video, you think?

drumandbasshead010
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by drumandbasshead010 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:55 pm

piratemanuk wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:28 pm
drumandbasshead010 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:48 pm Rather reminds me of a station that's been broadcasting since the early 2000's here in Ireland. It was started by a group of teenagers bout 15-16 years ago and had a decent enough following in the area, until it closed about a year or so later. It's been on and off under various guises since,being run by the founder who kept it going, but its playlist is as random as the station you talk of here. It's always an interesting listen. It can range from bouncy house to rock, Roger Sanchez podcasts to afrobeat. Plays what he wants, basically. No on air ID's or anything but it has a RDS of 'Flirt FM' and broadcasts on 106.6 (or is it 7 now)? across a good portion of Ireland.
Would this be the same Flirt FM as shown in this YouTube video, you think?
Yeah, that's him.

pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by pirateaddict » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:50 pm

Happy New year to you all.. This station is now back to doing what it used to do, playing good tunes. Thankyou whoever you are, and also noticed a stronger signal this weekend where i am (Norfolk Park) with an excellent view over the city centre to the North East to the west. :tup

pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by pirateaddict » Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:42 pm

Stereo now..

pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by pirateaddict » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:18 pm

Not had stereo (unlicensed) radio for over 20 years from Sheffield.. Had a few from Leeds, Bradford and Huddersfield and not forgetting the mighty Brittania.. Audio is low though. I heard something switching on, on Thursday or Friday night on 87.7 in stereo, a bit of a hiss.. Maybe it was this geezer connecting to his aerial, his new box before he moved the dial maybe.. Just guessing tbh..

teckniqs
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by teckniqs » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:05 pm

A lot of these new Chinese transmitters come with FM stereo so it could just be one of those being used.