Discuss UK-based Radio outside the South East of England
e.g. Birmingham, Bristol, Leeds & Manchester
'Legal' radio topics often go here too.
drumandbasshead010
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Re: whats this pirate in sheffield 106.8

Post by drumandbasshead010 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:48 pm

Rather reminds me of a station that's been broadcasting since the early 2000's here in Ireland. It was started by a group of teenagers bout 15-16 years ago and had a decent enough following in the area, until it closed about a year or so later. It's been on and off under various guises since,being run by the founder who kept it going, but its playlist is as random as the station you talk of here. It's always an interesting listen. It can range from bouncy house to rock, Roger Sanchez podcasts to afrobeat. Plays what he wants, basically. No on air ID's or anything but it has a RDS of 'Flirt FM' and broadcasts on 106.6 (or is it 7 now)? across a good portion of Ireland.

radionortheast
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by radionortheast » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:23 am

there where some broadcasts of an internet station in sheffield about 10 years ago, something internet stations do promote themselfs, I think it stopped, good to know theres something still going on down there, I won’t hearing it on that frequency

piratemanuk
ne guy
ne guy

Post by piratemanuk » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:28 pm

drumandbasshead010 wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:48 pm
Rather reminds me of a station that's been broadcasting since the early 2000's here in Ireland. It was started by a group of teenagers bout 15-16 years ago and had a decent enough following in the area, until it closed about a year or so later. It's been on and off under various guises since,being run by the founder who kept it going, but its playlist is as random as the station you talk of here. It's always an interesting listen. It can range from bouncy house to rock, Roger Sanchez podcasts to afrobeat. Plays what he wants, basically. No on air ID's or anything but it has a RDS of 'Flirt FM' and broadcasts on 106.6 (or is it 7 now)? across a good portion of Ireland.
Would this be the same Flirt FM as shown in this YouTube video, you think?

drumandbasshead010
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by drumandbasshead010 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:55 pm

piratemanuk wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:28 pm
drumandbasshead010 wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:48 pm
Would this be the same Flirt FM as shown in this YouTube video, you think?
Yeah, that's him.