distorted asian rsl/pirate

Discuss UK FM/DAB/AM/SW licensed stations here.
radionortheast
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

distorted asian rsl/pirate

Post by radionortheast » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:36 pm

over the past two nights I have this around 87.9, leeds bradford, huddersfield or some where I don't know

Albert H
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Re: distorted asian rsl/pirate

Post by Albert H » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:54 am

It'll be for Ramadan. If it's really overmod, phone up OFCOM and report that they're causing interference to Radio 2. That'll get the obscene wailing noises off the band and really piss off the "enrichers"!
"Why is my rig humming?"
"Because it doesn't know the words!"
;)

bristolpirates
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by bristolpirates » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:44 pm

It's a bit early just yet for Ramadan stations I think. Wait a few days there will be loads on.

Strangely, not a single one listed on the 'com site at the moment...

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/static/radiolic ... d-list.htm

You might be hearing a station such as Chaine 3 (87.6 from Algeria I think, coming in here right now), coming in on a lift.

teckniqs
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by teckniqs » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:41 pm

bristolpirates wrote:It's a bit early just yet for Ramadan stations I think. Wait a few days there will be loads on.

Strangely, not a single one listed on the 'com site at the moment...
I've noticed Ofcom have been slacking with the RSL listing for a while, I checked it a few months ago and there were only three listed!
bristolpirates wrote:You might be hearing a station such as Chaine 3 (87.6 from Algeria I think, coming in here right now), coming in on a lift.
Yep! ...Had load of them from that neck of the globe today! :tup

radionortheast
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by radionortheast » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:56 am

its not a lift (spE) as its coming in when theres are no other stations, thought its funny thought I was picking up some new pirate on 87.6 turned out from something from over there!. skip seems to be happening over the past few days, its been going all the way to the top end of the band, which is unusual i find it stays at lower frequencies.

they take lots who can operate rsls now for ramadan, so theres obviously lots of people who can’t get on air. I think it might be coming from huddersfield, i’ve beable to hear it on my tiny radio, near my bed were they come in.

theres also been minor tropo, i’ve heard dutch/irsh, radio norfolk has been clear the past few days

bristolpirates
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by bristolpirates » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:20 pm

radionortheast wrote:its not a lift (spE) as its coming in when theres are no other stations, thought its funny thought I was picking up some new pirate on 87.6 turned out from something from over there!. skip seems to be happening over the past few days, its been going all the way to the top end of the band, which is unusual i find it stays at lower frequencies.

they take lots who can operate rsls now for ramadan, so theres obviously lots of people who can’t get on air. I think it might be coming from huddersfield, i’ve beable to hear it on my tiny radio, near my bed were they come in.

theres also been minor tropo, i’ve heard dutch/irsh, radio norfolk has been clear the past few days

Yeah, the dial was a right mess here the other night, though I don't think it made it far past 104MHz.

I got a report the other day that SWU FM, a 10Watt RSL from Bristol, had made it to Finland when they had good spE from SW England coming in there. Likewise Flame FM in Swindon was getting there.

radionortheast
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by radionortheast » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:43 am

who knows maybe if I put my 3w they’ll hear it!

SOTS 87 7
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by SOTS 87 7 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:40 pm

We have one here in Oxfordsire ON OUR DIAL (Bloody typical, lol) for a month. The audio quality is totally unbroadcastable. Of course they'll get away with it.
Ah well, what can we do. :whistle

Albert H
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by Albert H » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:17 pm

Do exactly what we do in London - jam the bastards. There's one coming out of Hanwell on 25 Watts that's got a whacking great 280 Watt white noise carrier on top of it. The "Wailer" is flattened within 200m of their site!

Last year, another "Wailer" in Newham provided a nice 25 Watt SBS stereo rig that's being used as a driver for a kilowatt PA in southern Italy.......
"Why is my rig humming?"
"Because it doesn't know the words!"
;)

radionortheast
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by radionortheast » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:44 pm

the huddersfield one was off, for ‘techical difficulities’ , now have other ramadan stations on 87.7, 87.9, don’t know why they have set the audio so loud on them sounds awful..maybe its just the content, I mean I like all different styles of music but the chanting its unpalatable :?

SOTS 87 7
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by SOTS 87 7 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:48 pm

Hahaha, Nice one Albert.
Well, we have 350 over here but our location is about 20ish miles from them (over deviating) 'wailers' :lol: BUT, we can still hear them here, and rather well too.
Ah well, what's a month out of the rest of the year.
Whatever happens, they will always be allowed to more or less do as they please, unrestricted of course. :roll:

SOTS 87 7
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by SOTS 87 7 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:53 pm

Would we be allowed to set up a ''COMMUNITY'' radio station in their country I wonder?
Maybe this is another story.
Answers on a postcard please. :)

SoundFm
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by SoundFm » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:05 pm

I'm convinced the Oldham wailer is running way more than the allocated 25w. Their signal is very far reaching shall we say.

SOTS 87 7
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by SOTS 87 7 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:22 pm

Like I said my friend,
One rule for them and one for us.
More like 125 watts, especially the one round here. They're getting out better than our local community station Destiny 105.
Last edited by SOTS 87 7 on Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

teckniqs
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by teckniqs » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:24 pm

SoundFm wrote:I'm convinced the Oldham wailer is running way more than the allocated 25w. Their signal is very far reaching shall we say.
It's high around there but that wouldn't surprise me, most of the hired TX's can go up to more power (50/100w) and very easy to turn up especially when they're in the wrong hands.

SOTS 87 7
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by SOTS 87 7 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:27 pm

'Wrong' being the operative word. :?

SoundFm
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by SoundFm » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:31 pm

teckniqs wrote:
SoundFm wrote:I'm convinced the Oldham wailer is running way more than the allocated 25w. Their signal is very far reaching shall we say.
It's high around there but that wouldn't surprise me, most of the hired TX's can go up to more power (50/100w) and very easy to turn up especially when they're in the wrong hands.
I've used some "high sites" in the past and I can tell you this signal isn't just about height I'm almost certain of that.

SOTS 87 7
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by SOTS 87 7 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:37 am

If Ofcom had any sence at all, they should allow them to use Medium Wave only, out of everyones way in my opinion. The audio can be as bad as they want it to be, and it wouldn't matter on that band.

Dai Pole
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by Dai Pole » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:14 pm

SOTS 87 7 wrote:Would we be allowed to set up a ''COMMUNITY'' radio station in their country I wonder?
What country would that be? Everyone on this forum is welcome to apply for an RSL if they want. Have you ever tried?

SOTS 87 7
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by SOTS 87 7 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:16 pm

Dai Pole wrote:
SOTS 87 7 wrote:Would we be allowed to set up a ''COMMUNITY'' radio station in their country I wonder?
What country would that be? Everyone on this forum is welcome to apply for an RSL if they want. Have you ever tried?
Whatever country they are from in Asia. I'm not trying to be racist, that's not the issue but i'm almost dead certain they wouldn't appreciate our way of broadcasting that's for sure.
And no, I've never applied for an RSL not at the ridiculous prices ofcom charge, I know someone in fact 2 people who run legals in this area. We woudn't stand a chance of approval.
Reson why there are pirates... simple. :tup