87.9 innov8 WITHIN A SECRET LOCATION

For discussion of all stations in the UK that are outside of London.
ANDY BOY
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

87.9 innov8 WITHIN A SECRET LOCATION

Post by ANDY BOY » Fri May 06, 2016 10:49 am

brief info ....

Innovate Radio – Internet Radio with a social aspect
Several months ago, SyntaxMonster media were approached by Innovate Radio, a start up firm from the UK’s capital of London. The brief was to create a modern website where users could listen to the music they were broadcasting and interact with their DJ’s socially.
We settled with a WordPress base, used the Buddypress plugin to provide the social interaction they wanted and then built our own custom Shoutcast plugin for WordPress that would take the streams output by their server and make it available through an embedded flash player on their website.
You can view our work on the Innovate website live at http://www.innov8radio.com

TAKEN FROM THERE FB PAGE INNOV8RADIO

SO IT LOOKS LIKE THE COULD BE SETTING UP IN YOUR CITY VERY SOON....... :tup :whistle :geek:

Dai Pole
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Re: 87.9 innov8 WITHIN A SECRET LOCATION

Post by Dai Pole » Fri May 06, 2016 11:54 am

ANDY BOY wrote:Innovate Radio, a start up firm from the UK’s capital of London.
Hold tight the one like Theo Paphitis - I sees ya!

pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by pirateaddict » Fri May 06, 2016 1:52 pm

Top man Andy...Very interesting indeed..I'm getting em locked over here in shitty sheff.. Infact it's a stronger signal than bounce (when they're on) where I am...Good work innov8..

ANDY BOY
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by ANDY BOY » Fri May 06, 2016 5:06 pm

IS BOUNCE STILL ON??? LAST STATION I HEARD COMING FROM SHEF WAS SCR OVER 20 YEARS AGO....
WHO KNOWS THEY MIGHT BE BASED IN SHEFFIELD.....

:smoke :smoke :smoke :smoke :?: :?: :?: :?: :geek: :geek: :geek:

pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by pirateaddict » Sat May 07, 2016 1:04 am

Or8 Andy.. Yeah bounce been on quite a lot this year apart from the last couple of months but never sounding that good tbh with over mod..Big respect to anyone who puts something on air but bounce was awful more so because it is really the only pirate in Sheffield atm. SCR was an excellent station and is sadly missed by most people I speak to..Thing is, the Tower blocks at Norfolk Park in Sheffield were the main tx hotspots because of the height (could see for near on 40-50 miles to the n East and East and 30 odd to the north, the other directions were covered but couldn't say how many miles coz never looked over that way when I was ont roof..There are other sites to tx from but not as good as the towerblocks were at all.. I have some earmarked for when I get me finger out..if ever..

pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by pirateaddict » Sat May 07, 2016 1:16 am

Also forgot to mention.. This innov8 seems to be coming in from the n nw from what i can gather swinging me dipole around horizontally which would make it anywhere around the west Bradford Huddersfield way..If it was Sheffield based I would pick it without moving me aerial a bit higher as I've a reyt view over Sheffield, I'm not kidding neither.. I'm at Norfolk Park and I tell ya now it's like being int
Chuffin Arctic when them northerly or easterly winds surface in winter brrr in fkin deedy.. I know how to rabbit.. :lol: :lol:

bristolpirates
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by bristolpirates » Sat May 07, 2016 1:20 pm

It's likely they'll pop up in a few other spots at some point seeing as they've come on in 4 different places the last couple of years. I wish they'd change the playlist though, and actually produce some of their own shows.

radionortheast
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by radionortheast » Sat May 07, 2016 1:42 pm

sounds like an american station, not heard anything so strong in a while comes in clear everywhere, its on the edge of something that would qualitfy as covering my area…usually leeds stations will only come in if you get in the right spot. I'm suprized its not been heard much further afield.

i think it might me out more west of Leeds, dream had a transmitter out kirkstall valley high up, frequency used to use phone masts, Leeds is natural boll shape surrouned by hills. once went up a building in the city center you could see a hill to the south then emley moor transmitter mast, not the samething outside of leeds you just see emley unobscured, think thats why they have their own relays.

bristolpirates
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by bristolpirates » Sat May 07, 2016 1:49 pm

Reckon we should merge the 3 threads about this.

pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by pirateaddict » Mon May 09, 2016 5:39 pm

Innov8 seems to be off at the moment.. Can anyone confirm coz my aerial is fubar just now..

Uksoundz
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by Uksoundz » Mon May 09, 2016 5:54 pm

Yes went off at around 12:55 to be precise. Heard in north Leeds today.

pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by pirateaddict » Mon May 09, 2016 6:14 pm

Oh dear..Looks like they moving around a bit then..I'm sure they'll be back down this way soonish..

bristolpirates
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by bristolpirates » Mon May 09, 2016 9:33 pm

Still on in Cardiff.

radionortheast
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by radionortheast » Tue May 10, 2016 10:14 am

yup its gone, have to wonder what the plan was, might be ok on the frequency outside of Leeds bradford, huddersfield, maybe even wakefield the only rsls they get are one for ramadan, they get new rsls all the time in leeds, nice frequency thought. :D

time to move the itrips :lol: for some tony blackburn and some rare ragga!

ANDY BOY
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by ANDY BOY » Tue May 10, 2016 11:05 am

:rip :rip :rip :rip :rip INNOV8 RADIO AND ALL THE OTHERS WHO HAVE COME AND GONE.... :geek:

pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by pirateaddict » Tue May 10, 2016 12:57 pm

I've plugged a am aerial in to me stereo today because I'm sick of the usual crap that's on the legal fm..With innov8 gone i have nowt to listen to (ah diddums) :D. So am listening to a bit of hallam 2 and virgin radio.. Until such a time that someone puts something on in my area again.. Respect to the innov8 crew!!

Dai Pole
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by Dai Pole » Tue May 10, 2016 2:17 pm

ANDY BOY wrote: :rip :rip :rip :rip :rip INNOV8 RADIO AND ALL THE OTHERS WHO HAVE COME AND GONE.... :geek:
lool

pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by pirateaddict » Wed May 11, 2016 9:48 am

pirateaddict wrote:I've plugged a am aerial in to me stereo today because I'm sick of the usual crap that's on the legal fm..With innov8 gone i have nowt to listen to (ah diddums) :D. So am listening to a bit of hallam 2 and virgin radio.. Until such a time that someone puts something on in my area again.. Respect to the innov8 crew!!
...Edit to add.. It's not virgin anymore lol..it's absolute innit!

Uksoundz
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by Uksoundz » Wed May 11, 2016 8:30 pm

pirateaddict wrote:
pirateaddict wrote:I've plugged a am aerial in to me stereo today because I'm sick of the usual crap that's on the legal fm..With innov8 gone i have nowt to listen to (ah diddums) :D. So am listening to a bit of hallam 2 and virgin radio.. Until such a time that someone puts something on in my area again.. Respect to the innov8 crew!!
...Edit to add.. It's not virgin anymore lol..it's absolute innit!
Unless you're on DAB of course!

Uksoundz
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by Uksoundz » Wed May 11, 2016 8:31 pm

Anyone got any details about them then? Didn't get much chance to hear them and now they've gone. Seems strange surely it's not just a bloke going up and down the country with a rig?