Brimstone "made" equipment

For discussion of all stations in the UK that are outside of London.
DAVEbrim64
ne guy
ne guy

Brimstone "made" equipment

Post by DAVEbrim64 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:10 pm

Hi everyone, I am Jason "Brimstone's" dad Dave. Brimstone (R.I P) was once part of Essence FM 105.1 in Margate. Does anyone have any bits of radio equipment that he built, I'm compiling an archive foto album of the equipment he once built of which I had a very small part (drilling holes). If anyone has or could take any fotos of what they have, I would be pleased to recieve them, or if you want to donate a small piece of equipment that would be good. Easily recognised by the writing inside and maybe the date and stickers on front. I remember it well!!
Cheers for now...Dave.

Sparki
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Re: Brimstone "made" equipment

Post by Sparki » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:52 pm

DAVEbrim64 wrote:Hi everyone, I am Jason "Brimstone's" dad Dave. Brimstone (R.I P) was once part of Essence FM 105.1 in Margate. Does anyone have any bits of radio equipment that he built, I'm compiling an archive foto album of the equipment he once built of which I had a very small part (drilling holes). If anyone has or could take any fotos of what they have, I would be pleased to recieve them, or if you want to donate a small piece of equipment that would be good. Easily recognised by the writing inside and maybe the date and stickers on front. I remember it well!!
Cheers for now...Dave.
I'm familiar with Essence used to listen to them when they were on. Try the station managed DJ Fraudster (Adrian Handley) he may know or Harry Acid from Charge FM. Spoke to Harry yesterday as it goes! and Brimstone was mentioned said he built some equipment for Charge I think too, try them on facebook. Sorry cant help any more. I remember Jason did a few shows on Essence with Woo and Frantic where they are I don't know.

DAVEbrim64
ne guy
ne guy

Post by DAVEbrim64 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:44 am

Hello Sparki, yes I know of your name, I also know Adrian, Frantic and Woo personally. They used to practice radio shows here back in the day. Frantic visits me occasionally and Woo seems to dissappear into thin air. Thanks for the info above, I'll be making other enquries on this site. Did find some photos of Jason's equipment on the "Londonpirates" gallery page sometime back, very suprised but nice to see it at the time, I recognised it straight away!!!! Cheers for now....Dave.

Mr F
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by Mr F » Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:32 am

Hi Dave. I'm sure some we had some brimstone equipment years back, but unfortunately we weren't in the habit of photographing it at the time. I guess you might find that a common problem with your mission, plenty of people will have had gear but you know what radio gear is like, it doesn't tend to stay in circulation all that long. So unless people photographed it at the time it will have ended up (via various owners) in an ofcom storage cupboard :-) nevertheless, I'll have a look through the small photo collection I have to see if there is anything obviously his in there. Take care.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

DAVEbrim64
ne guy
ne guy

Post by DAVEbrim64 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:31 pm

Hi Mr F, much appreciated if you could look through what you have. The writing/date inside and writing/stickers on the outside is the main clue to his equipment. Have bits and pieces here mainly on copperclad circuit board, you now the stuff. Cheers for now...Dave.