Project 1065

Discuss all things relating to the busy London Pirate Radio scene.
fuze
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Re: Project 1065

Post by fuze » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:39 pm

The blocks around my way are all locked off now, before it was as easy as fb1 to get on a roof, now they have new locks and padlocks on most blocks thanks to the council.

teckniqs
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by teckniqs » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:02 am

Careless wrote:I think the council are doing a lot of ofcom's donkey work as when travelling to and from work all the usual blocks have no aerials up at all, so you can only assume it is the council as Ofcom have little activity now a days
Donkey Com. :D

netant2000
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by netant2000 » Mon Oct 16, 2023 5:02 pm

Hi all,

Force FM 106.4 Recordings here

https://shorturl.at/evIQ9

On one of the recordings cannot remember which one, the MC calls another pirate in Essex Fisher Price FM, anyone know what that was about, was it Klass FM from Basildon

Albert H
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by Albert H » Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:08 am

Story goes that a couple of the Councils were fined by OFCOM for allowing their blocks to be used. That's partly why caretakers were visiting roofs and tank rooms and taking gear away, and partly why the security to the roof areas got better. A few of the sites I used to know gained security alarms and CCTV cameras.

One station I knew spliced into the CCTV feed, recorded a few hours of nothing happening, then played the tape down the coax while they were on the roof! They also wired around the door sensors that the Council had fitted with reed switches across the sensors, so all they had to do was put a couple of magnets on the top of the door frame to disable the alarm. They just had to remember to take the magnets with them when they left the roof!

The other trick that one council used was to alarm the tank rooms and install an auto-dialler that would call the Police when the alarm was tripped. The station engineer re-programmed the auto-dialler to call up someone's mobile to warn them of roof access, and they caught a couple of well-known rig thieves that way!
"Why is my rig humming?"
"Because it doesn't know the words!"
;)