closet house operators

Discuss all things relating to the busy London Pirate Radio scene.
radioman
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Re: closet house operators

Post by radioman » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:15 am

Keith Stafford or something like that.

radioman
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by radioman » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:16 am

Keith Stafford or something like that

ray
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by ray » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:18 am

FM King wrote:Martin Kelly??
hahahaha in 1988? he would've been about 12 :lol:

ofcomhater
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by ofcomhater » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:46 am

Brought a band 1 rig a good 10 years ago. Was so excited so set it up in my flat with the dipole hanging out the window. Turned it on for a hour or so did a drive around town got out around my area. When I got back got a knock from my neighbour saying I was wiping out there tv lol.

FM King
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by FM King » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:16 pm

ray wrote:he would've been about 12 :lol:
That's what I thought when I saw his rigs.

MiXiN
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by MiXiN » Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:36 am

This thread is mint, a proper decent read :tup

FMEnjoyer
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by FMEnjoyer » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:08 am

inspired from my first operations, builder delivered the box and I had my dipole set up 3 meters from the ground, i thought i would be blowing out after using crap diy kit rigs that hummed and bnroke after a day he looks and sai "you will be lucky to get down the road" it was billed as a 20 watter that did 17 or so. citronic plastic /turntable and ceramic cart sand Tandy 5 channel realistic mixer i thought i was the dogs bollox and some plastic mic action.

first problem was how to stop the decks going 1/2 speed when i turned me rig on lot to learn

there was an ok dj shop in walthamstow sound right or sounds familiar or sounds good or soemthing like that got all my cartridges and decks there speakers etc. i would buy tunes in wood street second hand shops and market

radioman
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by radioman » Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:17 am

Back on the airwaves for christmas only, 10watts in kent oldskool style.

FMEnjoyer
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by FMEnjoyer » Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:18 pm

thats looks like me old areil what music you playing

Intruder
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by Intruder » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:15 am

Love the bedroom set ups!

When I was 15 back in 1998 I set up with a 1w vinyl box PLL Veronica transmitter on 107.1 with a dipole got a easy 2miles.
I then got together with this girl who's brother was a DJ and played D&B so he said set up at his but he said we've got to make it go further so the 1w got turned into 20watts with the add on from Veronica FM external amp and we started setting up from his mum&dads house, we went on the name Danger FM and changed to 87.7, My then girlfriend got a few mates involved too and it lasted about a year going from house to house and setting up at house parties.

Her brother is DJ basher (RAM records)
One of the girlfriends mates is DJ Blakey (won UK DMC final in 2004) where his love of music started and he practiced on air

Not name dropping but good things came out of it! This is what Ofcom don't see !!

And looking through the Internet my town has history with pirate radio going back to the 1983 with Radio Sovereign it was only a mile from my old road !

shuffy
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by shuffy » Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:13 pm

Intruder wrote:Love the bedroom set ups!
amen.
Intruder wrote:Not name dropping but good things came out of it! This is what Ofcom don't see !!
Ultimately, it's all about the money - god knows why the likes of Heart have so much of it, but there you go.

MiXiN
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by MiXiN » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:31 pm

Still loving this thread.

While I'm here I'll wish you all an happy new year, and long live FM Pirates. :tup

FMEnjoyer
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by FMEnjoyer » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:20 pm

yeh some might disrespect local station by saying do proper station, what is proper tho, man playing tracks for a few others, all for the fun for being into radio but there passion is as high as the block people, for real.

be hard in london cause of frequencys less. if its in yer you just have to

Sparki
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by Sparki » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:24 pm

When I was 15 back in 1998 I set up with a 1w vinyl box PLL Veronica transmitter on 107.1 with a dipole got a easy 2miles.
I then got together with this girl who's brother was a DJ and played D&B so he said set up at his but he said we've got to make it go further so the 1w got turned into 20watts with the add on from Veronica FM external amp and we started setting up from his mum&dads house, we went on the name Danger FM and changed to 87.7, My then girlfriend got a few mates involved too and it lasted about a year going from house to house and setting up at house parties.

One of the girlfriends mates is DJ Blakey (won UK DMC final in 2004) where his love of music started and he practiced on air

Not name dropping but good things came out of it! This is what Ofcom don't see !!

And looking through the Internet my town has history with pirate radio going back to the 1983 with Radio Sovereign it was only a mile from my old road !
You part of the Danger FM thats on now? its an internet station only but just wondered if theres any connections?

Intruder
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by Intruder » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:56 pm

Sparki wrote:

You part of the Danger FM thats on now? its an internet station only but just wondered if theres any connections?
Nope nothing to do with me. Done a few things under other names but never took off so well! Getting people to commit.
Only like doing radio if RF is involved !

Dai Pole
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by Dai Pole » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:22 pm

thewisepranker wrote:You lot clearly need to look a bit closer at some of the solutions that Agilent (now Keysight) offer.
DJ Mikey wrote:Baffled me there mate
I think TWP means this: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=504. So with a network of these dotted around the country, running "no power" isn't as safe as some on this forum believe.

WEBB-TECH
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by WEBB-TECH » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:04 pm

Mr Kelly was a legend :)

FM King
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by FM King » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:45 pm

Martin Kelly? Isn't he the guy who ran away to Spain because he's wanted in the UK for paedophilia with an underage girl?

teckniqs
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by teckniqs » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:54 pm

That's what I heard too....