Longest ad, public service announcement etc still being run today?

Discuss all things relating to the busy London Pirate Radio scene.
drumandbasshead010
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Longest ad, public service announcement etc still being run today?

Post by drumandbasshead010 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:47 pm

So, what it says on the tin? What's the longest running ad you know of being run by one station or multiple that's still going today? For me, it's Kool London's Brooke Motors ad and an ad for a company who are offering to take your old vinyl at a good price. The latter used to advertise with an email address of "b2bos-sounds" but that has since been retracted, same ad aired on Cyndicut for a short while before they went off. Both ads have been on Kool since I started listening in around late 2014.

fuze
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Re: Longest ad, public service announcement etc still being run today?

Post by fuze » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:16 pm

dont even go there with brook motors!!! whenever i hear the tune that is played in the background to that ad being played somewhere i start saying to myself....brook motors, 51a kenninghall road, just off the lea bridge road roundabout, ask to speak to nick and mention kool london for your special discount.... lol i think thats how the ad goes, how sad is that knowing the advert off by heart lol

drumandbasshead010
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by drumandbasshead010 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:38 pm

fuze wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:16 pm dont even go there with brook motors!!! whenever i hear the tune that is played in the background to that ad being played somewhere i start saying to myself....brook motors, 51a kenninghall road, just off the lea bridge road roundabout, ask to speak to nick and mention kool london for your special discount.... lol i think thats how the ad goes, how sad is that knowing the advert off by heart lol
I thought I was the only one! I think it's 0208 985 7015 before you ask for Nick though! Shame on you - losing those marks!

biggiedan
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by biggiedan » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:20 pm

Alright see ya

fuze
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by fuze » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:12 pm

drumandbasshead010 wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:38 pm
fuze wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:16 pm dont even go there with brook motors!!! whenever i hear the tune that is played in the background to that ad being played somewhere i start saying to myself....brook motors, 51a kenninghall road, just off the lea bridge road roundabout, ask to speak to nick and mention kool london for your special discount.... lol i think thats how the ad goes, how sad is that knowing the advert off by heart lol
I thought I was the only one! I think it's 0208 985 7015 before you ask for Nick though! Shame on you - losing those marks!
haha i didnt remember the phone number, i bet a few of the kool dj's know it off by heart listening to it every time they are waiting to do their show!