New boy

Oh hello - you must be new. Introduce yourself to the radio world here!
triplestack
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

New boy

Post by triplestack » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:25 pm

Shouts to all the Necks!

I'm Triplestack, I'm an ex-pirate radio DJ from the Yorkshire area. I've always been into techy things and music, so pirate radio has been a nice combination of the two for me back then in the 1990s up until today.

I haven't been active as a DJ for a number of years, and I'm ready to get back into it via radio with a group of DJ friends. We are planning a weekend station in the Leeds area for the summer (when it arrives, haha) and although i've got DJ skills, my electronics practical skills leave much to be desired!

I have managed to source most of the components for a 10 GHZ link system (no midpoint) and I have actually managed to get in touch with an 'original' London-area rig builder and have commissioned him to build me a 150W rig (mono, no satcan). So i'm halfway there - I just have some rather dumb questions to ask here and there in relation to, for example; connections, equipment etc, practical stuff really. I think i'll be hanging around 'Anoraks Corner' mostly, but I do like a bit of banter as well so you'll see me bobbing about on the other sections of the forum too!

Feel free to leave me a message below and say hello!

teckniqs
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Re: New boy

Post by teckniqs » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:36 pm

Welcome to the radio dome.

Any questions feel free to ask no matter what they are, it's what we're here for.

triplestack
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Re: New boy

Post by triplestack » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:41 pm

Thanks teck, much appreciated mate!