little somthing to watch

A place to share all pirate radio related articles, video footage and both short & feature-length documentaries both new & old.
HAZARDFMradio
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

little somthing to watch

Post by HAZARDFMradio » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:59 am

Albert H
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Re: little somthing to watch

Post by Albert H » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:27 pm

Stephen Dunifer is a complete space cadet! I've met him a number of times. He's all about "Free Speech Advocacy", under the terms of the American Constitution. Unfortunately, we don't have the same over here......
"Why is my rig humming?"
"Because it doesn't know the words!"
;)

sinus trouble
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by sinus trouble » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:59 pm

Dunifer doesn't get the recognition he deserves! I first found some of his articles on Geocities around the mid 90s! Fighting the system in court takes brains and balls! Hats off to the man! A true ledge!
I am as stupid as I look! :|

Albert H
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by Albert H » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:48 pm

He's certainly not stupid, but he always comes over as a complete hippy. When we were doing our little 40 Watt effort from the Hollywood Hills, he came to the studio a couple of times. We had a few brews, and he was intrigued by my UHF link system. I gave him the recipe, but I don't know if he ever used it. We used to link on a frequency that was very close to the vestigial sideband of a local TV transmitter - this made tracking the link very tricky, but put great demands on the front-end filtering of the link receiver! Our link was just 1.5 Watts into a TV Yagi, giving an ERP of close to 40 Watts in a very tight beam. The receive end used another TV aerial, and had to be very precisely aligned to hear the studio end. The most difficult part of the whole enterprise (apart from digging a trench to hide the mains cable) was lining up the aerials accurately.
"Why is my rig humming?"
"Because it doesn't know the words!"
;)