Towerblock Etiquette

Everything technical about radio can be discussed here, whether it's transmitting or receiving. Guides, charts, diagrams, etc. are all welcome.
triplestack
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Towerblock Etiquette

Post by triplestack » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:03 pm

Not sure if i'm posting this in the right place, if so could a mod move the thread please.

As some of you will know i'm in the process of setting up a station at the moment. I'm still learning a lot about everything radio, but this post is not so much about equipment etc, more about where the equipment is located when in use.

I've never been on the top of a tower block, well, i've been to the top floor of one, where the access to the level above that was restricted by iron bars and an iron gate. I think the gate had a GERDA lock, i've been reading about those recently.

I suppose what I'm asking is; is there any best practice when accessing the roof of a towerblock? Are some easier to access than others? Does a back hander to a caretaker work wonders or get you in bother? What's access to mains power supply like? Should I avoid tower blocks with other (commercial) masts on them to avoid interference? Any other tips or tricks for me before I set out this weekend? Shall I sport a hi-vis vest lol?

Gigahertz
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Re: Towerblock Etiquette

Post by Gigahertz » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:23 pm

:whistle

mrillusion
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by mrillusion » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:57 am

you can get superman outfits that actually give you the ability to fly from amazon for £25.99 - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Superman%C2%99- ... 06&sr=1-12 - put that on in the night time, jump out of the window just below the top floor and fly to the top. set your shit up then also make sure you use the incredible strength it gives you actually close the top of the shute together after you have jacked in to completely baffle ofcom when you are due a hit then jump off the roof and fly home and put your radio

MiXiN
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by MiXiN » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:03 pm

Ha ha ha FFS.

triplestack
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by triplestack » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:56 pm

MiXiN wrote:Ha ha ha FFS.
Gigahertz wrote::whistle
mrillusion wrote:you can get superman outfits that actually give you the ability to fly from amazon for £25.99 - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Superman%C2%99- ... 06&sr=1-12 - put that on in the night time, jump out of the window just below the top floor and fly to the top. set your shit up then also make sure you use the incredible strength it gives you actually close the top of the shute together after you have jacked in to completely baffle ofcom when you are due a hit then jump off the roof and fly home and put your radio
Thanks for that mrillusion, very helpful.

Thought it was a bit cheeky to ask such questions on a public forum and I knew I was pushing my luck, but who else do I ask?! Guess i'll have to find out for myself then :smoke

triplestack
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by triplestack » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:59 pm

Mods - please close this thread. Cheers.

LockingNut
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by LockingNut » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:11 pm

Head down. Hood up. Never be seen. Never be heard. Get your climb on and if all else fails drink red bull...It give you wings! Lol good luck mate roll safe!

mrillusion
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by mrillusion » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:14 pm

triplestack wrote:
MiXiN wrote:Ha ha ha FFS.
mrillusion wrote:you can get superman outfits that actually give you the ability to fly from amazon for £25.99 - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Superman%C2%99- ... 06&sr=1-12 - put that on in the night time, jump out of the window just below the top floor and fly to the top. set your shit up then also make sure you use the incredible strength it gives you actually close the top of the shute together after you have jacked in to completely baffle ofcom when you are due a hit then jump off the roof and fly home and put your radio
Thanks for that mrillusion, very helpful.

Thought it was a bit cheeky to ask such questions on a public forum and I knew I was pushing my luck, but who else do I ask?! Guess i'll have to find out for myself then :smoke
Lol inbox me a photo of the lock and ill let you know what you need to get it open...

Gigahertz
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by Gigahertz » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:32 am

Was for "doubt you would get a response" on a open forum!

triplestack
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by triplestack » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:28 pm

Gigahertz wrote:

Was for "doubt you would get a response" on a open forum!
Yeah I knew that deep down I just thought i'd try my luck after smoking a few zoots haha the confidence was peaking haha! I'm off to have a sneak about over the next week or so. See what the crack is. If you don't hear from me again send out a search party :lol: