BT Openzone/Wifi

Everything technical about radio can be discussed here, whether it's transmitting or receiving. Guides, charts, diagrams, etc. are all welcome.
DJ Mikey
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

BT Openzone/Wifi

Post by DJ Mikey » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:30 pm

Wasn't too sure where to put this but here goes, Anyone know anything about BT Wifi/openzone ?? Payed for it & using it temporarily just for this week to run our stream for the Fm side, because at our link site Sky broadband had a fault in the line, and we trying anything we can use temporarily until its fixed, it ran near enough perfect for 24 hours, anyway the problem we have it cuts out every 24hours. Any of you internet bods know a way round this ? Aint got time to keep treking to re sign into it every day for a week. And havnt got the patience with Dongle, hate the things.

sde-1104
Neckmin
Neckmin

Re: BT Openzone/Wifi

Post by sde-1104 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:34 am

Not that I'm aware of as BT have some sort of auto reset feature. The best way to get around there is to link via mobile phone with a payg sim with unlimited data.

Maximus
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Re: BT Openzone/Wifi

Post by Maximus » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:57 pm

Haven't used BT Openzone/FON for a while, but I remember they used to disconnect every 2 hours which was a proper pain.

I read on the other forum that giffgaff mobile have unlimited data packages for next to nothing, but did a fair usage policy and were banning accounts. Not sure if they still are.