Is this the same as the old NRG Amplifier?

Everything technical about radio can be discussed here, whether it's transmitting or receiving. Guides, charts, diagrams, etc. are all welcome.
MiXiN
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Is this the same as the old NRG Amplifier?

Post by MiXiN » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:59 am

For those of you who had the old NRG 40 watt amplifier, does this look exactly the same.

Seems quite good value for the money, but from the description I'm not sure if it comes with all the gubbins like heatsink and fan.

Does anyone know what the LEDs are for? Here is the link http://www.nrgkits.co.nz/product_info.p ... ucts_id=39

RF-Head
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Re: Is this the same as the old NRG Amplifier?

Post by RF-Head » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:43 am

It's a copy of the orginal NRG but by the looks they not copyd it not good
Coils on the input are wrong and also the one on the collector
The leds on the orginal NRG are for voltage and power output and for what i can see the copy has only 2 leds for power
I don't see any power sniffer on the output
Also they have problems with the ground on the board and solderd smal wires between the upper and lower board side
I think it's alot of money for a copy or a orginal
Now days there are better units for less money

koopa
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by koopa » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:28 am

IMG_2014120824337.jpg
IMG_2014120837809.jpg
IMG_2014120852947.jpg
Think this is the original board that was used for the amp either built for 20 or 40 watts .but as in for populating it I have no schematic
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
send them up manningham lane

MiXiN
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by MiXiN » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:12 am

Goes to show how much I know, because it seemed pretty cheap.

Shame it's a poor copy otherwise I'd have considered investing in one.

Thanks for the original images and pointing the downfalls out.

verticalvince
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by verticalvince » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:06 am

contact dennis at kanga ive herd he has diagrams for this board

fmraider
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by fmraider » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:13 pm

If anybody is after this board, Kanga has said the guy in London has them.

Kanga has the genuine BLW60 PA Transistor and 2SC1947 Transistor.

Kanga does have the 100/150 Watt PA Board (Square shape) with the Genuine BLF177 Transistor.

Hope that helps, but £110.00 to buy one from NZ you would have to be desperate or even mad (plus Duty if caught).

sinus trouble
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by sinus trouble » Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:14 am

fmraider wrote:

Kanga does have the 100/150 Watt PA Board (Square shape) with the Genuine BLF177 Transistor.
Yess Mr Raider!! :D Ive Only seen Pics Of This PA!! Ive always wanted one but never got the chance! :( it was finally released as a 'module' then shortly afterwards NRG ceased trading! :( Ive searched everywhere for even just a schematic but had no luck :(
I am as stupid as I look! :|

fmraider
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by fmraider » Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:46 pm

I thought that Gareth made all the NRG stuff available on his server down under, so the circuit details should be in that lot I would have thought. But there again he may have removed it due to the fact he is now mass producing Chinese copies of NRG stuff. That with the help of Christine and Albert.

Also the guy over here selling cheap PCB's etc :rip. is flooding the UK/EU market with nasty copies so hoping you'll buy from NZ. But as I said you would have to be Stark Raving Bonkers to do that. Especially when the stuff is available here in the UK.

The guy in London (Kanga Say's) has a bucket load of the genuine NRG PCB's for this amp and Kanga has the PA Transistors so it's a No Brainer - Buy British and you'll win everytime.

I would have thought there is enough brains out there to build a British Amp at half the price of the NZ one.

Think it is a case of "WATCH THIS SPACE" as the :tup scene collapes :eow

MiXiN
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by MiXiN » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:07 am

The cheap copied PCBs I bought from Andrew_kits and Zeroex off the other forum are of significantly better quality than the originals in my opinion. They're gold plated tracks for a start.

Maybe someone else who has bought one can chime in and agree with me.

At the end of the day, they're only single sided boards, all component locations are marked the same, and the tracks don't lift like the originals if you try to remove and desolder a component.

I'd say the copies are of twice the quality and about 2/3 the price of the originals and I would happily buy more if copies of other NRG products are made.

Kanga and the NRG UK guy are unreliable I'm led to believe, but I've only heard that information from 2 people.

fmraider
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by fmraider » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:52 am

So who is Saying Kanga is UN-Reliable ?? I have not had a problem with him, and as far as I am aware nobody else has !!! Unless they are related to Christine and Albert who did everything to make life difficult for him.

The guy was in hospital a few times and nearly died at one stage and Christine ripped him off !!! Some griefing widow she turned out to be. Hence one of his reasons for not coming on here or other forums, hes fed up with it all. He will if somebody contacts him he will try and help and has done on a number of occassions. If he cannot, he'll put them in the right direction.

Regards to the guy in London, I know he had a few problems with a few people trying to make life difficult for him as well. False orders and payments etc.

So the theme is/was that nobody wants a UK base enterprise, wonder why ??

The reason - They were putting their time and effort to get the NZ project of the ground - But who in their right mind would pay the silly money they (NZ) were asking and still asking for something that had a a switch change and a fancy new heatsink. When the original worked perfectly fine, and was half the price in the UK.

So lets stop the slagging off which seems to be the theme on this and other forums. And get down to the thing that we all want and that is a radio scene in the UK that is the envy of a lot of countries.

You should all be fighting to get LPFM like NZ or other places instead of stealing from each another !!! Get a proper forum going so that a group can sit at the table with OFCOM and look at a way forward.

If somebody is/has produced boards that are better than the originals and not cheap chinese copies then great!! then lets get them out there. As I said there are guys out there i.e. Kanga that sell the genuine parts without the rip off prices so it's a win win situation. He even has aquired the original tall heatsink for the PA transistor !!

So lets all sit back and decide what we all what as a collective and move on and get this sorted once and for all.............. Now over to you lot

shorty
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by shorty » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:00 am

There's no problem with the andrew-kits boards, i put together the pro4 pll 4 watt transmitter using one of his boards, the quality of board is as good or better than the original nrg boards and i've built lots of the pro3 tx's, it worked first time with out issue, i had all the parts in stock and the board was around 8 quid.

It's not that the boards are sub standard, it is either the parts they are using are fake, there crap soldering abilities or wrong parts placement.

The original nrg 40 watt amp board isn't all that it could do with a couple of extra low pass filter coils on the output, you can build better yourselves if you just get a blw60 transistor and make your own board, as already been said there are better quality amps available these days for less.

hereclit
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by hereclit » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:26 am

Hi , this is the genuine PCB.

Has anyone email address or ID from London Guy? A want to buy more PCBs.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dai Pole
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by Dai Pole » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:25 pm

I beg anyone thinking about obtaining a (so called) NRG board to think “Bye British”, and stop giving money to tedious morons who think somewhere in the Gorbals is a man churning out “British Maid” 2N4427s! Instead, make your own “Authentic British Made PCBs”; buy your own “Cheap Chinese Parts”; and enjoy the satisfaction you'll get knowing that the money you saved may have stopped some numbskull paying his broadband fees, thereby reducing the chances of him getting onto the net this month.

再見