The guts of a CZH (chinese) transmitter

Everything technical about radio can be discussed here, whether it's transmitting or receiving. Guides, charts, diagrams, etc. are all welcome.
Maximus
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Re: Re: The guts of a CZH (chinese) transmitter

Post by Maximus » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:26 pm

pjeva wrote:
Maximus wrote:How about this for a sprog box... BTW it's good to be back. Big respect to Admin for bringing RN back to life!

What a Frankenstein!!!
If you click on the translate button it reads, 'The sound is very clean. No exposure to RF. :)'.

Yeah alright then, I'll eat my hat if you get clean audio out of that piece of shyte. The most I'd do with one of those is attach a piece of wire to the output for a cheap low power tx to cover the house.

I remember seeing some pictures from an analyser someone posted on an old forum with the hedgehog coming from a Chinese tx.

Shedbuilt
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Re: Re: The guts of a CZH (chinese) transmitter

Post by Shedbuilt » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:09 pm

Maximus wrote:
pjeva wrote:
Maximus wrote:How about this for a sprog box... BTW it's good to be back. Big respect to Admin for bringing RN back to life!

What a Frankenstein!!!
If you click on the translate button it reads, 'The sound is very clean. No exposure to RF. :)'.

Yeah alright then, I'll eat my hat if you get clean audio out of that piece of shyte. The most I'd do with one of those is attach a piece of wire to the output for a cheap low power tx to cover the house.

I remember seeing some pictures from an analyser someone posted on an old forum with the hedgehog coming from a Chinese tx.
I was trying to find the old "Planes will Fall" banner for that contraption !!

james_wilson16
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Re: The guts of a CZH (chinese) transmitter

Post by james_wilson16 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:30 pm

I have got one of these locked away in the kitchen brought purely for curiosity (CHZ-7W), the output on them generally is closer to 6w as opposed to 7w apart from around the 90Mhz area which is rather odd.

Signal wise, from 260 meters above sea level, the box radiated a clear signal to around 4 miles and patchy signal for around another 4/5 miles outside this, though the slightest dip in the road signal was lost.

Sound quality wise, audio processing as expected isn't much at all. There is literally no audio compression so the levels are on a constant low, and the EQ is absolutely awful, there is so much bass it seems to drown out the mid and top ends.

Hopefully planes won't fall. Expect some interference though, I can see these carrying signals onto the airband.