Video Streaming.

Everything technical about radio can be discussed here, whether it's transmitting or receiving. Guides, charts, diagrams, etc. are all welcome.
thetufparker
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Video Streaming.

Post by thetufparker » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:42 pm

Hi
Been trying to figure out how to stream video for cheap.. I used U stream free for a bit but now thats gone. I wanted to move my live video stream away from face book to my site.

I ask - as I looked into ice cast and using ffmpeg locally to encode via OBS. Does anyone have experience of this or a better idea? Ideally I would dual stream for a bit to both my site and fb. The new o.b.s will allow this im told..

Thanks Nick

Albert H
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Re: Video Streaming.

Post by Albert H » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:37 pm

I've run a couple of "Flash" streamed sites. They're a complete PITA since no two bits of gear interpret Flash in the same way! There are other ways - I moved to HTML5 - but the price of the server space for more than a few listeners / viewers makes it virtually impossible to actually do much useful.
"Why is my rig humming?"
"Because it doesn't know the words!"
;)

biggiedan
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by biggiedan » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:51 pm

You can stream video with icecast using ogg theora, you can even do it with shoutcast using some NSV tools.

Albert H
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by Albert H » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:43 am

Dan - yes you can (and I have) but the available viewer slots are very limited unless you pay a hell of a lot of money. I toyed with setting up my own hosting on a server farm that I partly own, but I simply wouldn't have enough connectivity to serve more than a few hundred viewers simultaneously. One 'net audio-only station that I set up gets >300,000 connections for popular shows, and some of those are used for rebroadcast on FM services in other parts of the world. There's no way on earth that I'd have the connectivity available to stream to that size of audience!

Maybe in the future, when more of the world is properly fibred (with actual fibre to the home rather than the half-baked offering in the UK and much of Europe today) we'll be able to make use of the wide bandwidth. Until then, we're constrained to audio only.
"Why is my rig humming?"
"Because it doesn't know the words!"
;)

RadioFox
ne guy
ne guy

Post by RadioFox » Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:21 am

Try https://chew.tv/ Its basically twitch for DJ's. You wont get any copyright strikes ect.