tecsun's

Everything technical about radio can be discussed here, whether it's transmitting or receiving. Guides, charts, diagrams, etc. are all welcome.
verticalvince
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Re: tecsun's

Post by verticalvince » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:07 am

alsotry ajustin bandwidth, agc, rfgain, and vol lol if you get stuck just hola

ir8 pir8
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by ir8 pir8 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:58 pm

My mates got one of those radios and they are good for their size but theres much better out there if you pay the money!

bristolpirates
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by bristolpirates » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:52 am

verticalvince wrote:guys you should try these rtl dongles all the bells and whistles for unda a tenna nice rx down to 20mtrs without any mods and as high as 1700mhz all mode including digitial lotsb of add-on tools being a pirate of almost every band i got one from fleabay for 6quid free delivery just to see the hype but gotta say for what it is im im pressed takes me bk to the scanner days sitting about scanning well reconmended RTL2832U R810T worth the 6 quid to fill a boring sunday
Yep, got one of those too. Different sensitivity to the tecsun depending on freq I guess. I've tuned into rehersals for bbc points west and all sorts on it.

verticalvince
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by verticalvince » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:07 am

im only now just getting the hang of it .. i fried one other night by removing electro static protection when i was trying a tricky mod also have been trying different pre-amps such as for tv an old zatagi p27 and a hf pre-amp gotta say the old zatagi cb preamp yields best results... also great option of network to another person running a sdr programme allows you to conect to thier area and scan at your own pleasure last night great fun listening to old cb from different parts of uk also this is going to be a great tool for tuning to fellow necks fm stations do it the old skool way thru a radio lol av already done a few sweeps but the bands in essex and the likes are quite soo its the same everywhere no longer a need for 5 mobiles at the ready lol