experimental type aerial maybe similar to an nrg vertical

Everything technical about radio can be discussed here, whether it's transmitting or receiving. Guides, charts, diagrams, etc. are all welcome.
radionortheast
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

experimental type aerial maybe similar to an nrg vertical

Post by radionortheast » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:48 pm

I would share plans for interesting aerial I made tuned to about 89 mhz, it a long pole in mine 118 cms, with a shorter wire 62 cms, the middle of the wire taped closed to the bottom, with it flopping either side like a bow tie. I use 75 ohm coax rg6 and 2 turns at the bottom just under 10 cms.

Its good aerial, dispite the lenght of the pole been less than a half wave lenght, I change it for a higher frequency by moving the blue wire further up where its attached with velcro, you can also run it along side the main pole afew cms away. It is a wider band aerial than most, can be, but still needs to tuned to the frequency to get the best reception, it may be related to the nrg half wave.

the 1 i made afew months was longer 148 cms using 69 cms wire, had swr of 1.5 over the whole band, it took ages to do, this 1 is useble all the way from 88 to 96 mhz!
bowtieaerial2.jpg