DENON DS1

Everything technical about radio can be discussed here, whether it's transmitting or receiving. Guides, charts, diagrams, etc. are all welcome.
sinus trouble
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

DENON DS1

Post by sinus trouble » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:59 pm

Hello Necks! :)
I have always been a vinyl fan and whilst I have many hundreds in my collection I got a spare 300 quid burning a hole in my pocket and thinking of getting one???
CDs are great for doing events and maybe some dodgy pirate stuff? But it aint the same!
Has anyone used one and could give me some advice??
I am as stupid as I look! :|

thewisepranker
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Re: DENON DS1

Post by thewisepranker » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:52 am

Looks like a crusty version of the Rane ones. Their main selling point seems to be that it's smaller than the Rane SL2, which isn't even that big anyway. Big deal - get a Rane.

Also, with the Rane SL2 you can play music from a real record or CD through the box if you want, with the flick of a switch. Not sure whether you can do that with the Denon one. I find this really useful.

sinus trouble
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by sinus trouble » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:22 pm

thewisepranker wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:52 amAlso, with the Rane SL2 you can play music from a real record or CD through the box if you want, with the flick of a switch. Not sure whether you can do that with the Denon one. I find this really useful.
Cheers Mr P! That's a good point!
The Rane is a bit more pricey but that's not a problem! A laptop, two vinyl and interface are much lighter than a record box!
As I have never owned one? Im only guessing on how accurate and responsive they are on pitch control etc..
I am as stupid as I look! :|

thewisepranker
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by thewisepranker » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:17 am

I use an SL2 on a regular basis. They're excellent. There is a bit of a delay between what you do to the record and it having an effect on the track but it's very short and it won't take you long to get used to it. If you mix with just the pitch control and don't use your finger to slow down the platter, you won't notice it.